Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Summer field

Since last year I wanted to take a picture of a field like this one... and I took my picture last Sunday in our way to Schwerin... Smile

It was already late and the light was very bright... The sky in the original picture was not bad, but I wanted to have something interesting some clouds on it... so I changed the sky... I hadn't done that before... I found it a bit difficult because one has to match the depth of the sky and the depth in the field... Well... I really don't know how you like it...

I worked the whole picture as an HDR image... and then I replaced the sky... I worked as well with neatImage hard noise reduction... I wanted to have this effect on the picture...

Thanks a lot for your comments and advice Smile

[Image: DSC_4648-01HDR.jpg]

out of the camera... even with spots of dirt.... Sad

[Image: DSC_4648-01.jpg]

my second try...
I removed the photo filter and worked color balance and selective color... I think it looks better... Smile

[Image: DSC_4648-01HDRhay1.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It may be just me Irma, but the sun shining on the top of the clouds, looks to be coming from a different direction to the light on the hay bales.
The hay is lit from the left, and the clouds are lit from ( kind of top right)

That is nit picking as we say, It is a lovely picture and I probably would not have noticed the sky if you had not said anything. It is like just before a storm.

And your English is great too so there. Wink Vie gehts.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks a lot for your comment NT I appreciate it a lot... I was just thinking that probably if I flip the picture of the clouds... it might work... I will check later... but you are right I have to check where the light comes from in the sky..

You are very kind about my English... I haven't studied much but just to see one episode a day of "Only Fools and Horses" or "Keeping up appearances" to have a nice contrast Smile
That has improved a lot my vocabulary...

Well... about my German... I'll tell you that surprisingly I passed my conversation test in the foreigners office... I didn't expect they would do me a test but they did it... and I did it well .. I was so happy... Smile

Paul Cezanne

David Jason aka Del Boy Trotter, used to do the voices for 'Danger Mouse' and 'Penfold' (a cartoon in the 70's)so I don't reckon you will learn a lot of english that way, and Hyacinth Bucket (for putting water in) which she pronounces bouquet(The smell of flowers or wine)
Maybe it will learn you english humour.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Irma ,
I really like this shot , it think the feel of it works . But i see what NT is saying about the light , other than that i like it .

... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

uuhmm the clouds looks like are from another shot...or is it just me?

christian

Irma - would you mind posting the shot with the original sky?

Canon stuff.

This is a pretty good sky replacement - no obvious fringing or other masking problems. I think that the thing we are seeing and identifying as a light direction mismatch is actually a slight white balance mismatch. It looks to me like the sky layer was shot through a polarized window but I could be wrong. You can probably make it look more accurate by applying a slight color correction and increasing the contrast on the cloud layer a bit. Good substitution and well done!

I would never have known that you replaced the sky. It looks great. Very dramatic. We have all kinds of those hay bales here too that I've been eye ballining. Only they're white from the covering. Looks neat though.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks so much for your comments Smile I will do something with the light ...

Chris, the original was added just above the post processed... to get them closer... Smile

Toad... you are perfectly right... the sky picture was taken with a 50mm lens and CP filter... while the field picture was taken with a wide angle lens and no CP filter... I will try to correct the color... Thanks for your advice...

Colin, we were driving in the main road when I saw the landscape... G was driving and there was a car behind, so he couldn't stop... as he saw my sad/angry/clearly furious face... so he turned right and looked for the small road near the field... he was so kind... then I could take pictures... because as you say... the problem is when they are all covered (here with an ugly green plastic) and they don't look beautiful anymore...

Paul Cezanne

I think its a lovely shot Irma, the 3rd you posted being the best. Once you flip the clouds to get rid of the direction of the light problem, I think it will be great!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks Irma - 3rd is the best so far.

Canon stuff.

I didn't see all the images first time around. Definately #3 is the best.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

#3 definately better, Irma!

Hey Irma... nice to see your pics again... I think it's a good attempt. It looks a tad fake though, probably because the clouds are so low to the ground. .. But #3 is definitely better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by delb0y
Jul 22, 2016, 01:22
Last Post by Barbara G.
Apr 7, 2013, 06:37
Last Post by kNox
Oct 12, 2012, 00:51