Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Portorait Shot (with Photoshop edit)

First attempt at truely modifying a photo in photoshop other than just Cropping/Resizing, took me a good few hours, the hair was a pain in the ass, I plan on getting a better photo of the model (well I suppose you could call her than) to play around with, the camera is very dodgy and noisy which is the reason I decided to have a play around, any suggestions for future edits or comments, please be harsh, there is no other way I will learn :-)

[Image: DSCF4464%20(Medium).JPG]

[Image: Melanie%20(Medium).jpg]

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Hey Dewy - Your images links have been blocked. You may have to upload them to this site.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

smarti77 Wrote:Hey Dewy - Your images links have been blocked. You may have to upload them to this site.
Shane
Just done, the images were in my cache so they showed up for me, thanks :-)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

I got them now. I like the blurring and desaturating of the distracting background. I am wondering if leaving a slight amount of colour in the background would be even better. Due to the dramatic change between foreground and background it is starting to look like shes been pasted onto another photo.
The softening of the skin has worked well. My only other suggestion would be to try and sharpen up the features of her eyes, mouth etc.

Take all my suggestions with a grain of salt though. All of these things come down to personal preference.
Great shot, thanks for sharing.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanks, I too think that its a little too sudden around the face, it was a first time, and the shot was pretty bad, I am planning on getting a new camera one day so I will try to get some shots with her with that, Looking at a Rebel XT/350D atm

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10

Nice work on the face, I agree with smarti77 maybe a slight colouration of the background.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

I couldn't resist having a try... I hope you don't mind.

[Image: DSMedium.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I like that better than the original edit with the mono background, the model doesn't jump out as much.

Alastair says "Visit My Blog?"

I think the main problem with this photo is that the model is out of focus, you're focus seems to have landed on the boys behind her which is a pity. Nice job cleaning it up though.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Hey Dewy!! Long, long time - so see. I see you haven't lost your taste for an attractive model. I like alot what you have done with your background saturation and blurring. Very creative work that highlights the model. Well done!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Sep 18, 2017, 16:52