Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Red Bull Air races....cancelled

Due to very strong winds. Thousands of people turned up, and were turned away.
This was taken on one of the practise days...he he. Very noisy, very smoky, very spectacular.
I would have loved to be able to be in the official photography location, or in the plane.TongueTongue
See Link to site in my next post. Nice bit of video and gallery.
[Image: redbull1.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very cool photo - perfect shutter speed.

That's too bad. I'd love to see one of these, but they don't come anywhere near me.

At least you made it for the practice day -- well done.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Cheers, Sadly I had not yet got a bag for my Canon and as I was camping for a week I left it at home and took the panny. Still its a good beast and lighter.
Look at this link
Link

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Cheers, Sadly I had not yet got a bag for my Canon and as I was camping for a week I left it at home and took the panny. Still its a good beast and lighter.
Look at this link
Link
Can i recommend the Kata T-214 if you want a small bag that can still hold a reasonable amount of gear? I am working on a review of it right now, that I am hoping Jules will publish - I am quite impressed.

I will have a look, thanks...but.. I may get a small backpack though as I don't like carrying bags and the camera as well. I have a 350d + kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro and I will most probably add a 50mm 1.8 prime next. I could be happy with that I think. I will borrow a 300mm L sometime just to see what I am missing out on but the weight will probably put me off.

Lumix LX5.

That's a scareily-low-flyingh plane! nice shot :O

Toad Wrote:Can i recommend the Kata T-214 if you want a small bag that can still hold a reasonable amount of gear? I am working on a review of it right now, that I am hoping Jules will publish - I am quite impressed.
No worries mate - I'm sure it'll be top notch work from you as usual Big Grin

pity about the air races though... Sad

Theres some amazing shots in the gallery in that link. Do you have to pay large amounts of money to get in the 'official photography locations'?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

smarti77 Wrote:Theres some amazing shots in the gallery in that link. Do you have to pay large amounts of money to get in the 'official photography locations'?
'Do you have to pay'............
I don't think so, I reckon the guys with the yellow jackets were either press, Longleat workers or friends of the pilots, marshalls etc. I could have got a bit nearer by walking back up the road for 1/2 kilometre, or possibly up the top where the marquee/gazebo is.
I fly kites, and a friend of mine was invited to fly, along with others there on the race day. I could have gone in as his assistant Wink but his show was cancelled anyway. Too windy for kites as well. They will most probably go to Aus. in the future. Maybe you could write or e-mail the organisers and get on their official photographer file and get paid..paid...paid. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

this is in perth in novemeber so will be interesting to see what its like

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 13, 2009, 08:02
Last Post by byrt_001
Sep 16, 2006, 23:37