Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asignment #33: Product

I missed these ones...
The pictures with the knife I like the second one, with the brick framing. The second one is really well done. The picture match great with the product and message.
Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks, Irma.

I find this style of photography very frustrating but also very enjoyable. Lighting and composition becomes a technical puzzle and test of ingenuity instead of being a question of where to point the camera.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

One thing that I've been told many times is that it's important to be interested in something other than photography. The other interests can provide inspiration, subjects, and long-term projects for the photographic interest.

One of the things that I like is jewelry, but unfortunately that's an even more expensive hobby than photography. Rolleyes For the past couple of days I've been trying to get a good photo of a pair of earrings.

[Image: matthewpiers2007-236628-Edit-wehi.jpg]

The one above is the best I've been able to do so far, but still isn't something I'd show a potential client. The one below is a serious "miss".

[Image: matthewpiers2007-236583-wehi.jpg]

I've done a lot of post-proccessing work on the first: getting the lighting right in Lightroom, cloning, sharpening, creating a slight Orton effect, and finally dodging and burning in Photoshop, and then adding a slight vignette in Lightroom before finally exporting it and printing a copy. The second image has been cropped and had the exposure adjusted, but is otherwise unedited.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Sep 24, 2007, 10:14