Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rocks and sea....

I had this idea long time ago... and I had the chance to take the picture last week I was in Rügen... a beautiful island in the Baltic sea...

Unfortunately, the pictures with longer exposure and best effect in the sea turned out moved... It was too windy and I took the pictures from the pier, the strip of the camera was hitting the tripod and well... A lot of mistakes in this series...

I got only these two... and still don't know if a b&w conversion would be best... but I really like the colors here...

Thanks so much for your comments and advice... Smile

Irma.

[Image: IMG_1274-01rocksnsea.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1282-01foggysea.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I prefer the first one mainly because the composition is more appealing and I like the submerged rocks in the foreground.

I think the colours on the rocks are a bit part of these shots that would be lost in a B&W conversion.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I have had a play with this style of shot before..........I really like long exposure photography. I like the effect you have captured in the water. The first would be my pick as far as the composition goes.........but the light is a bit bright at the top of the frame and takes my eye away from the subject. I would have ago at b&w ,dodge & burn etc.......it maybe able to add some more mood :/

Irma - your shots inspire me and I am going to the bay in the next couple of days to see what I can do with a long exposure shot Tongue

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks a lot for your comments...

I was also thinking that maybe if I had taken the picture from a lower angle it might have been better... anyway... I have to give this another go... Smile

Pat... Great you are going to the bay... I wish I could be there every weekend but it is so far from my home... I love the idea that my pictures inspired you... Good luck!! Smile

Paul Cezanne

I like the first one too , i would think that i " rich " BW conversion would be nice with it too , and a little bit of burning on the top left ( as Russt said ) would make it great.

I think that if you were to get a lower angle you might loose some of the submerged rocks .

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks for your comments and adivece... Smile

Sorry to insist with this picture but I like it... and I tried again but now with this pp...

[Image: IMG_1282-01D.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Irma - I like the light in the second shot. However - there is a little too much water at the bottom perhaps.

Both shots are beautiful.

Canon stuff.

Nice shots Irma. I like the last shot you posted because I like the color of the rocks that way because they give me the feeling of cold and wind you experienced. Maybe using layers you could lighten up the submerged rocks while keeping the color of the exposed rocks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Oct 8, 2016, 16:58