Pictures of Lucky, my cat...

I am missing some cat pictures in this forum.... Sad

So here are some of Lucky... Smile

[Image: DSC_6742-01greeneyes.jpg]
D70 with a 50mm lens.

[Image: IMG_8176-01tree.jpg]
5D with 100-400mm lens.

Thanks for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your moggie is lovely - miss having a cat since our last one died a couple of years ago. Living next to a State Forrest as we do, cats are socially unacceptable unless kept strictly indoors

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Very nice. Cats is one of my favourite subjects...
Newbie question... Did you do any processing on the first photo? If so, what did you do?

Cheers,
Lucy

Pat... I didn't know that word for cat... mog... moggie... Smile love it... Smile

Lucy... Yes, I worked with the picture...
I took it with external flash so the colors where a bit too saturated... so I duplicated the background and made it sepia... very brownish... I changed the opacity to 50%... as the eyes lost a bit of color, I made a selection in the eyes ... erased the sepia picture and with the same selection I worked with selective colors to make them green... I also did the same with the nose... Smile

Thanks Pat, Lucy for your comments Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma the first one is very captivating. I guess I normally overlook cat shots because I am not a big fan of cats. But this one I really like.

Thank you for your description of your post processing of this shot. You are an endless source of knowledge and new ideas.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

You are welcome, Smarti... Smile

Thanks for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

Great to see Lucky again! How is he doing anyway?

The first pic is absolutely gorgeous - I love the way the eyes stand out...

Looks nice and gentle, Irma. I like your desaturation in #1 especially of the carpet, as that would have overpowered Lucky.
My wife is allergic to (moggies Big Grin) She comes up in a rash if she strokes them.
We call them moggies, but I don't know why.
And dogs are mutts.
Oh what knowledge.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks ST for your comment... Lucky is doing great now... It is not raining, so she is the happiest cat Smile

NT, thanks for your comment... and you are right about the carpet... it was too red... Smile
So they are moggies and mutts... Smile I will learn to use those words more often... I love them... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Beautiful Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

There's my pal! I really like your shots Irma. I noticed the eyes in the first shot but not her nose until I read your post. Look great.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Colin...

Happy to see you around Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Thanks Colin...

Happy to see you around Smile
Thank you. I haven't touched the camera in some time and have been away from forums all together. Just a bit of a break. Lots of things going on to keep my busy. Btw, 9 weeks til the Mayan Riviera Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:Btw, 9 weeks til the Mayan Riviera Big Grin
Yeah! Lucky you!! It is a beautiful place... Look forward to seeing your pictures of that place... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post