Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

the catch

hi all,

now I don't normally subject you all to fishing pics Big Grin but i would be interested to read your thoughts on this one.

[Image: trevs%20fish2.jpg]

I like it. It looks like an old-time advert! Beauty.

Wow Big Grin was it good eating?

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

As a fisherman i need to know what kind of fish is that . Almost looks like a talapia ( sp ) . is that right? as far as the photo. I like the DOF , brings my eyes to the fish .

...... SHawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great dof and shot. The old fella adds a whole lot of character to the shot. The only thing that keeps me from saying "Simply Fantastic" is the fish being cut off the bottom. How's simply great? Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

That's a great shot; I love everything about the composition, including how everything's cut off and nothing's complete. I can see exactly what I need to see to know the story, and there's a great story here to tell.

What really makes the image excellent is the light. Look at it as posted, and then try to imagine the same scene at mid-day.

My only real criticism of the image is that it's posted in the wrong place, I think this was supposed to be in the "Water" assignment. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

This is great, I love the look on the old fella's face, the DOF is perfect.

I'm not too keen on the crop, I would've prefered to see a bit more of the fish, and a bit less in the background, or maybe a little less centred?? It doesn't detract too much though, its still a great capture.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

great feedback all,

Toad........I agree is does have that sort of style to it.......couldn't put my finger on it untill you said it!

Pat, they do eat ok..........but not one of my favs (to eat)

BD, it's a little bronzed aussie battler know as Australian Bass they are a fresh water fish but closer to your small mouth than the large mouth bass you guys catch..........8lb would be a big one

Peto and Schell, your not the first who would like more of the fish. Thats one of the reasons I decided to post it. It is a camera crop though. I was going for something a bit different to the norm.

Matt, like you I don't mind the framing but I do have the advantage of taking the shot.

For me its the dof, the light and the look on old Trev's face that make it

thanks again all (saying that a lot lately Big Grin)

I keep looking at the eye - I think it is great. I don't mind the missing part of the fish.

Canon stuff.

I didn't comment on this picture Russ, because I did't feel up to do it.... Not because I don't like your picture.. I like it a lot...
I am learning too much from the comments you have received here... Thanks for sharing your picture Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Petographer Wrote:. The only thing that keeps me from saying "Simply Fantastic" is the fish being cut off the bottom.
Yep.

Looks good otherwise.

appreciate the reply's WS, Irma and Mitch

Quote:I am learning too much from the comments you have received here...
I second that!!.........its been interesting

cheers