• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Moody Portrait

What do you think?
[Image: IMG_7221copy.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7220copy.jpg]

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Great photographs Schell - think she's more beguiling than moody, moody conjures up a certain mood, to me she looks like a nice friendly girl who would find it difficult to be moody. :/

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Wow - Great shots Schell. These really are my cup of tea, I cant get enough of the close up portraits.
I prefer the second with the more direct angle. The first one may look better with the bottom edge cropped slightly highter to remove the lines at the bottom.
The second one appears sharper with better focus on the eyes.
The post processing / tones is spot on. You've captured a good range of skin tones. Others may point out the blown out white on the shoulder but it doesn't distract from the face in my opinion.
Overall, one word critique - Beautiful.
Shane.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Second one is great - can't stop looking at her eyes.

Canon stuff.

Great processing and poses. I think the "straight on" view of #2 works better - it feels a bit more intense and a bit less hesitant than #1 - but both are keepers.

I agree with all of the above . Great PP work on these and very nice portraits . I think my fav is #1 , but i cant explain why Wink . The only thing that i would " fix " ( for a lake of better words ) is the bright spot above her head on the right .

again Very nice job Schell ............. Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

This is so unapologetic. The beauty of the face shines right through all the daytime humanness, lack of makeup.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like your processing. Well done. I like the poses also.As said about the "mood", not sure what that mood is. Funny thinmg though. When I first looked at the image I didn't realize my cursor was sitting below the corner of her eye in the first shot. Looked like a tear.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Schell,

its all been said above...............very well done. I really do like these!!!

#2 my pick

Thank you all for your lovely comments!
Pat, yes, she's more the bubbly type than moody Smile
Smarti, good point about the crop, will try that- Thank you
Chris and Toad, thanks, I think that was her favorite too
Shawn, thanks for pointing out the distraction, will fix that up
Don- that was such a lovely comment! I showed my sister what you said and it really gave her boost. Thank you.
Colin, I'm not quite sure what the mood is either- she is sort of smiling too
And thanks Russ Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Feb 4, 2021, 12:19
Last Post by EnglishBob
Dec 3, 2018, 21:23
Last Post by delb0y