Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Butterfly

My daughter Megan had her face painted at a recent school/kindy fair..
I couldn't choose between the original colours and the sepia edit so I combined the two. I know some people seem to hate this kind of selective colouring but I think it has its place...

[Image: IMGP6259sep.jpg]

All comments / critique welcome...
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I like your idea Shane... It looks lovely to me... Her lips are missing a little bit of color detail I think... other than that it looks great...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Beautiful picture... I really like the selective coloring. Bravo...well done... God Bless.
Brad

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

Nice work Shane, both the photography and post processing are top notch. The selective colouring works really well...

Set off beautifully with her dark hair, good one Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Beautiful!
I would be thrilled if I could produce a portrait like this.
The textures, lighting and processing are unique and wonderful.

Since it's in the critique section, I'll mention that I would have cropped a tiny bit tighter on the top.
While tempted to include her entire head, the small gap of light on top combined with the stray hairs up there distract me a little.
I scrolled the image up until my browser window cut-off a little of the top, and it worked better for me. A little cleaner, because the rest of this photo is very clean.

Rest assured Shane, this is a very small personal opinion that probably isn't worth much.
I never shoot portraits of any kind, so please take my comment with that in mind.

Thank you for all the comments.

Irma - I was lazy with the colouring of the lips. I deleted this pink lips at first because it looked too much like makeup and then I put it back with less saturation but didn't do it properly... I'm still not sure whether to colour the lips at all or even if I should leave just a touch of colour in the rest of the shot...

Brad - Thanks for the comment and welcome to the site.

Shane

Keith - I value your opinion and I always appreciate honest constructive feedback. I did try a closer crop simliar to your suggestion and I agree with you. Just about all of my portrait shots are really close up face shots and I wanted to try to get just one where I hadn't 'chopped' the top of the head...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Feb 13, 2016, 06:15
Last Post by Barbara G.
Aug 30, 2013, 10:37