Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Post your Christmas Decorations!!

Can you believe that it's less than 20 days till Christmas? It just seems like the year has flown by...

So what is everyone doing for the festive season this year? Going on holidays? Taking some time off? Spending it with family?

We'll be busy preparing for a couple of church events, and apart from that, just the usual family get togethers. Last year Christmas was at our place and we had like 50 people - thankfully it's at someone else's house this year. Big Grin

Anyway, thought I'd invite everyone to post photos of the Christmas decorations that they've put up! Let's bring some festive cheer to Shuttertalk! Big Grin

This image is a home on Candy Cane Lane in West Frankfort, Illinois, USA, there are five blocks of decorated homes. This home is where it all started, the owner of this display is an art teacher in the high school, his students make all the displays, he has continued what his father started many years ago. This attraction draws people from as far as St Louis (about 100 miles away). This panorama of the whole block has nine images stitched together. Every Christmas season the displays get longer and larger.

This image was taken at twilight with my 20D last year.

[Image: ccl002x800ls0.jpg]

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Nice stitch Rene - pretty hard to top that Sad

Canon stuff.

Very beautiful picture Rene... It must be beautiful to visit this place... and to se how gets longer with the years... Do you have closeups of the displays? I would really love to see how all this is presented.

I don't have any decorations at home yet. Sad I am a bit busy at the moment and I just received my new flash today... so they will have to wait for a few days.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Here are the lights I have put up on our house - first year I have really done something reasonably big.

[Image: CB-House.jpg]

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Good work W S! Your display reminds me of when we lived in South Florida, a tropical Christmas. It looks like you've invested some time with your decorations.

[Image: thumbsupvh2.gif]

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Wow Chris, your decorations are truly a sight to behold! Big Grin

Jules

Thanks Guys - they actually go right around the house. We get quite a few cars doing the drive by.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post