Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I think I need a better macro lens.

I took this shot using possibly the worse lens that Sigma make, the 28-105mm f2.8-F4.

What does strike me though is that with a little work you can still get some pretty good results even when the lens is not being using at its best settings.

[Image: Bee.jpg]

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Hi Pete - I've just bought after some deliberation the EFS 60mm macro, I know the 100mm macro is supposed to be very good as is the 180mm (I think Irma uses this one). The 100mm is heavy as is the 180mm, both are good for insects as well as flowers etc. I am more into flowers so the lighter 60mm suits me. Haven't had much time to experiment - hope to do more after Christmas/New Year.
PS I like your shot of the bee on the flower.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I would really like to get the Tamron 90mm, I think it is the perfect size for me as I also am trying my hand at doing some portraits and the 90mm gives a nice working range for macro and portrait. I am half thinking about one of the cheap 100mm macro lenses like the Vivitar that are a fraction of the price of the Pentax and Tamron versions but I have seen some stunning results from them. I have the 70-300mm Sigma DG APO lens, the macro on that I mostly find is good but forces me back too far and you have to use a tripod, I prefer to work a bit closer and have the option of tripod or not.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Eddy Canon
Mar 3, 2016, 12:25
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 29, 2014, 10:44
Last Post by gerainte
Jan 24, 2014, 15:24