Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fireworks my last shots for 06

happy new year all,

we took the kids over to Stockton foreshore last night to watch the Newcastle fireworks........

wow I could not believe the amount of people there.........It was the first time we had gone over. Getting out was a problem but thats another story... RolleyesBig Grin

This was my first time taking shots of fireworks so I am pretty happy with how they turned out.......

Only lasting for a short time you don't get any second chances Big Grin

[Image: fw1.jpg]

[Image: fw2.jpg]

[Image: fw3.jpg]

[Image: fw4.jpg]

[Image: fw5.jpg]

Great shots, I love the 'finale' look of no 3 with lots of explosions...
Do you think fireworks seem to last even shorter amount of time when you are trying to photograph them?

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Fantastic shots Russ, must have been quite a show Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Beautiful shots... love the burst with #3. Such a colourful show...

Was it hard getting a spot on the bank? At melbourne, I heard it was all packed out in the city...

Beautiful picture Russ... Those fire works are really great. The ones in our village are not so spectacular Sad

As it was kind of stormy at midnight we really didn't bother to take all the gear out and risk the cameras for a poor firework shot... so we stayed at home...

Happy New Year to you and yours... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow beautiful shots
Lorraine

love them all , looks like a great show .

.. Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Each one of the photograph's are great. Keep shooting those wonderful shots.Smile

thanks everyone for your comments........it was fun to shoot

Shane, it seems very short when you are trying to think about exposure etc Big Grin the good thing is you get to watch during the longer exposed shots....... they ranged from 20 secs down to about 2 secs

Pat, is was a good show, worth the hassle........the kids loved it!

ST we got lucky getting a spot.....we learned that the people next to us were there from 3pm....... we were well down the harbour

thanks again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19