Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Strictly for the Adventurous

If you look at the top of the bridge to the right of the flags you can see little blobs, these are the adventurous who venture to take a walk over and on the top of the bridge. The walks are very popular and you have to book ahead.

[Image: madness.jpg]

on the more inane - the yellow ferry is one of the famous older ferries which traverse the harbour every day. I can remember a time when I travelled to and from work every day on the ferry, ahhh! fond memories, these days I couldn't afford to live harbourside. Sydney is now one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. Sad

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hey Pat,

I did the bridge climb for our 2nd anniversary, and totally recommend it if you're ever in Sydney. The climb isn't too strenuous, it's like a gradual walk uphill with some steps and ladders in certain spots. You're harnessed to the bridge at all times, so it's all very safe.

The view is magnificent, and the whole experience is fun as well. This coming from someone who's afraid of heights... Big Grin

I had to do a video and photo shoot for an international cartoonist on the bridge climb. All my gear was attached by straps - even the lens caps. It was great as you are not normally allowed to bring your own camera gear.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

This is amazing Pat. I really don't know if I could do it. I am just too afraid of heights, and then without my camera... Sad maybe for a good picture I would do it... Wink

The weather looks so beautiful.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Whew... you'd never catch me up there! Nice job with the image though.

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Wow Chris, that's awesome that could bring your gear with you - I distinctly remember that we couldn't bring anything with us, let alone a camera.

The guides brought cameras though, which they used for a group shot, that they later sold to us... Big Grin

I dug up some pictures from the climb. I couldn't show the best ones because they have the cartooninst drawing and the bridge climb people were a bit narky about those being shown.

[Image: Bridge-1.jpg]
[Image: Bridge-2.jpg]
[Image: Bridge-3.jpg]
[Image: Harbour-1.jpg]
[Image: Harbour-2.jpg]

Canon stuff.

Wow, fantastic Chris! The ones of the harbour and of the Opera house are just spectacular...

Wow! fantastic shots - once in a lifetime opportunity with your own camera Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Great view. Like having your own aeroplane.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Such a shame the light wasn't better - but I can't complain Smile

Canon stuff.

Great Aus photos - I'm very impressed.

Impressive pictures Chris... Looking at those images from up there... I think I wouldn't go there, not even for a great picture... Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

You are permantly attached to the bridge via a cable and the path is wide with rails. I am sure you could do it Smile

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post