Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Woodland birds

They live at this time of the year in my garden, and yesterday was a lovely day to take pictures of them. Smile

Great tit

[Image: IMG_6068-01.jpg]

Blue tit

[Image: IMG_6077-01.jpg]

Long-tailed tit?

[Image: IMG_6154-01.jpg]

I cropped them tight to have a better look, so I think this pictures will be just good for web... unfortunately.. Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma; Your Long-tailed tit looks like a Chickadee! Big Grin Some very nice n sharp images. I'd be proud to own these! Wink

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

It's tail doesn't look long enough Irma. All the ones I have seen have really long tails and a white stripe on the top of the head. Can't find mine at the moment.Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks so much for your comments.
Yes you both are right this is a Chikadee... probably the picture in the site I got the name from wasn't a good one and I mistook my bird for another one.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Thanks so much for your comments.
Yes you both are right this is a Chikadee... probably the picture in the site I got the name from wasn't a good one and I mistook my bird for another one.... Smile
It's almost certainly a Coal tit. We don't have the Chickadee in the UK or anywhere else in Northern or Western Europe afaik.

The Coal Tit is very small, smaller than the Blue tit.

Pol

Good shots - beautiful small birds Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Great pictures! All three of them are too cute.

Thanks so much Polly for the name... Smile I will try to take more pictures of this birdie... He is indeed very small... Smile

Pat, Terri, Thanks a lot for your comments, I am very happy you like them.

Paul Cezanne

An addition to my woodland birds thread

Boo!

[Image: IMG_7079-01.jpg]

From my garden

[Image: IMG_7276-01.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Fantastic images Irma.

My bird shots are too drab to even consider posing, well Starlings, Sparrows and Blackbirds don't make very good subjects.

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Very pretty shots, Irma. The last one is my fav - but I also really like the pose on the second last one.

I just love the 'boo' photograph, gorgeous little birds Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

More cute birds Irma, Wow! Smile

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks for your comments... Smile

I took the last picture with my macro lens, trying to get more detail in the feathers. I was more or less 2 mts. from the bird, it is a bit difficult with the macro since I have to be closer. I'll see next time we have nice weather if I can make something to get a bit more closer...

Rene, we also have lots of black birds, but they are so difficult to photograph... I never get detail in the feathers.

Paul Cezanne

Love the boo! image Irma. Cracking shots altogether. How do you get so close. the birds in my garden flee as soon as I step outside the door!

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

The thing I discovered with the butterflies is that if you blend into the place they have the feeders, they are not afraid of you. So I did the same with the birds. My first pictures were taken with the 100-400mm and I didn't have good light, so I was f9, 1/200sec iso200. I was lucky to have something sharp at all... However I love the pose of the first one. I will try a new technique with my post processing maybe I could recover some detail on the feathers in that picture.

As I wanted to have more detail I thought it would be best with the macro. The feeder hangs from a tree with thick trunk, so I wore brownish trousers, and my green jacket with hood, my monopod, and the feeder was ful of seeds. I stood up near the trunk of the tree and I didn't move for a while. With the time they thing nobody is there... You start looking where they sit first before to approach the feeder and you point in that twig. When the bird comes again to the feeder and makes the first stop, click... Big Grin

You need also lots of time and lots of patience... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I really like these Irma , i know what you mean about patience , birds are so hard to get good shots of and you pulled it off vern nicely ...

..........Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks Shawn, I am happy you like them... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post