Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cedar Waxwing birds. A rare encounter!

Unusual at this time of the year to find migrating birds around. These are quiet difficult to locate and photograph, as they hide in dense bush and trees with lot's of small branches. Enjoy!

[Image: March-11-2007-102.jpg]

[Image: March-11-2007-117.jpg]

[Image: March-11-2007-113.jpg]

[Image: March-11-2007-119.jpg]

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Beautiful Janika, #1 & 2 are my favourites. You have captured them well.

Are they small birds?

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

They are about as large as a Robin, maybe a lill smaller. Glad you like em Sharon Smile

John

They are beautiful pictures John. All of them are great!!

You are very good at taking pictures of birds....
Do you have any tips to share?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, it depends on how dedicated you are and what gear you have invested in.
I see folks walking around the trail and they think the birds will just fly their way and pose for them. Big Grin Fortunately it's the other way around. We have to find the birds and wait it out until we have a clear view without disturbing their every day lives.

You have a talent photographing birds, I don't - cant even manage to catch a duck at the local pond Big Grin everyone has their own style of photography, makes this forum interesting. Tongue

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

They are pretty birds and you have captured the colours very well against the sky.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Pat; I know Australia has many, exotic birds, just need to find them with a long lens! Smile

I bought a small hide last year for wildlife photography.... never set it up to this day!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post