Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Port Willunga

I returned to one of my favorite local spots this evening and was rewarding with great conditions.
The posts are from an old jetty / pier that has partly destroyed years ago.

1. My favourite single exposure...from about 50 taken...
[Image: IMGP9142final.jpg]

This one is a HDR from three bracketed jpgs (-2,0,+2) using photomatix. I also used CS2 to blend it back closer to the '0' jpg to avoid the overdone cliche HDR look...
[Image: IMGP9105HDRfinal.jpg]

Another HDR (more of the cliche look) with my son Brandon pretending to be an angel...
[Image: IMGP9081HDRfinal.jpg]

Critique / reworks always welcome.
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Wonderful pictures Shane....
Excellent colors!!
I like a lot the last one... I think the idea worked out really nice, Brandon looks very sweet there...
I love the shadows of the poles as well... Superb!!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great Work, I love number 2 the best, I think because of the reflections.

Shane: #2 has a great look to it - but #1 maybe captures the *mood* better. Either way, they both work. #3 is also a super concept.

G'day Shane I have seen quite a few shots of the old jetty and yours are right up there I really like #2. The concept of #3 is great ........well done!!!

cheers

Great shots as always Shane .....

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Excellent; really tasty use of hdr there Shane, and not an easy thing to get on top of in my experience. Photomatix does a better job than Adobe I feel.
I'm trying vainly to be "critical"...the vapour trail miffs me a bit but this is just my taste. The one of your boy is outstanding, truly; the copmposition works very well here...but the twig is a little distracting. It invites comment, yet if this were placed to the boy's right, it'd even up the composition and add its own resonance if he were gazing at it. Hope this makes sense.
Lovely; has inspired me to do some more hdr certainly; great to see your work.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

We are all going to be different in what we perceive.
I like #1 possibly best.
I like #2 as it has more colour but it looks too bright for me.
I like #3 and yet! maybe not.
I must try harder, I say to myself when I see shots such as these.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks all for your comments. Its interesting to hear other peoples opinions (sometimes it even alters my opinin). I want to print either no1 or no2 but still cant decide. I think I will work on the lighting a bit more on no2 before deciding.
I also value the constructive criticism - I would love to try and reshoot the last image with perfect smooth sand and no twig. I will be surprised if I can find such conditions again plus trying to get him to stand still for three quick shots...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Russt
Jun 29, 2005, 17:37