Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

...and Brimscombe macros...

...here using the Tamron 90mm macro as a macro for a change.
First, bluebell:

[Image: IMG_0043web.jpg]

Second, the cowslip, a member of the primula family:

[Image: IMG_0047web.jpg]

And the humble dandelion, gone over to seed from the yellow, toothed flowers you saw in the "Brimscombe and Limestone" post.
They're called(as I'm sure you know) dandelions as an anglicisation of the French "dents-de-lion"...lion's teeth; boy those Normans were romantic souls...
I blatted away handheld at around f8/f11.

[Image: IMG_0048-02web.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

#3 is the one for me, I love shots of these things, even more than I miss the Bluebells of the woodlands. I think it is all the lines of the "clock"

Zig shoots macros ? LOL . I like the first shot , well done ....

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very beautiful macros Zig.
I like the pastel colors... beautiful light ... great detail as well...
I couldn't pick just one as a fav... All are my faves here... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

good series Zig really like the bluebell

Nice shots Zig - a bit more contrast and they would really pop. The third is my favourite.

Canon stuff.

ta; no, the highlights would've been overcooked. Sun was full on and overhead, no diffuser or nuffink, so only way to keep it all together was going for lo-contrast/hi-key.

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Sorry Chris! Forgot to say it's good to see that you're still around, and blessya for ya comment!

I was away all April on a holiday and work commitments. Great to be back. I know what you mean on the last shot - more contrast and it would ruin the delicate highlights.

Canon stuff.

I have taken pictures in the sun and they don't look like that, the contrast is so hard and the colors so bright... Sad

Could you share a bit more about low contrast and high key... I think I know what that means but how to do it?

Thanks a lot Zig... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

love #3, love macro shots. Nice one Zig

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 23:44
Last Post by Fogey
Jul 23, 2017, 04:03