Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kangaroo Island

I recently returned from a family holidays trip to Kangaroo Island - (South Australia). I downloaded about 400 shots to the PC and had been itching to play with some of them on photoshop... Fate has decided to punish me for something and my PC is repeatedly failing... after a short amount of processing the PC resets as if someone has pushed the reset button... Certain high content web pages are doing the same.
Speaking with a friend it seems the motherboard is on its last legs and I may be up for a new desktop computer. Anyone know of any good places to find a bargain?

Anyway here are the few that I have managed to play with...

[Image: IMGP9467-copy.jpg]

[Image: IMGP9825t2.jpg]

(click photo for larger version)

Thanks,
Shane

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I've read on forums that people recommend MSY http://www.msy.com.au/
You can always check component prices on staticice or shopbot (www.staticice.com www.shopbot.com.au)

Beautiful lighthouse photograph, I love the gradient in the sky with the lighthouse in the foreground.
And the pelican man is a very cool series - is that a wild pelican or has he trained it? I can't imagine a pelican landing on someone!! Must have been a sight Smile

Beautiful pictures all Shane.
The light house picture is great. I love the colors.
The pelican is amazing, I have never seen something like this. I have seen seagulls taken a craker from your hand but not this.
Great captures
Thanks for sharing... Smile

I am sorry for your computer problem, I hope you find a great solution soon.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Lovely light on the lighthouse. The pelican thing is a great action series.

really like your pelican series Shane...........nice lighthouse too

Open your PC case and make sure that the fan is spinning on processor, try leaving the case open and running it, does it still reset as often? The most common causes of self resets at random are either heat (Mostly cause by clogged or failed fans, the other cause is a failing Power Unit.)

Great images, like the pelican series.

adam Wrote:And the pelican man is a very cool series - is that a wild pelican or has he trained it? I can't imagine a pelican landing on someone!! Must have been a sight Smile
Thanks everyone - The pelican man gives a daily talk next to the Kingscote Jetty. He feeds the wild pelicans everyday so they are quite fearless with him. This pelican jumped onto the big tray he had which contained the fish. You can just see how full his beak is in the first of the three shots. The only way he could get it off was to put his hand under its feet and lift it up. He said it was not a normal occurance and asked if anyone had photographed it to send it to him, which I have.

Thanks for the computer advice. I have checked the fans etc but will have to get it properly looked at... Some of the parts of the motherboard have brown rusty crap on them like a battery thats started to leak... cant be a good sign!

[Image: IMGP9838edit.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Great shots Shane! Wink

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

That doesn't sound good, any way any liquid could of gotten into your PC?

He will have a great series of this event, Shane. Your series is really great!
Like a lot the last one too.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post