Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ducks.

From here and there some old pictures I played with, since we had had very sad weather in the last week or two....

[Image: IMG_5660-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2259-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Nice ones Irma. I keep getting 'blown out' California and Mandarin ducks.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Me too, NT. The mandarin duck is a double exposure picture. I worked one image to get the background right and colorful, and then another one the get the duck in color.

Thanks a lot for your comment... and thanks for the name of the duck!! I didn't know it was a California duck... Smile

Paul Cezanne

You got some intereting lights on the first one, Good job capturing the action, but the Mandarin Duck on your second image is equally nice! Smile

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Yes Mandarin. I have just put both on a frame and labelled them up wrong . Rolleyes Do'h.
This is one taken in the bird garden of a country house. It is a Mandarin. I don't know if it is a duck or a drake.
[Image: california.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very colourful birds Irma - although I had a hard time figuring out which end was what #2 Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Thanks for your comments... Smile

NT your mandarin duck picture is beautiful! I love to see how stands out from the dark background. The reflection is also lovely... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, It is a crop to show the feather detail. I selected the white on its head and changed the levels in PS.

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Apr 13, 2017, 01:27
Last Post by Tony Britton
Mar 15, 2016, 05:02
Last Post by Toad
Oct 27, 2011, 23:45