Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Macro of the lilies.

I couldn't resist taking some macros of the lilies while I was working my still life pictures...

Here are some of them....

[Image: IMG_9755-Edit-2des.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9516-Edit.jpg]

I wanted to treat this one bw because of the light...
[Image: IMG_9804-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for your comments... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Really nice tones!

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Thanks so much Zig for your comment.
Glad you like the tones... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I really like the composition of number one, and the ink-drawing look of the third.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

can i please have #'s 1 & 2 in 1440x900 resolution please? pretty please?

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I like the dynamics of the first image--it's doing a leaning dance.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for your comments... I am very happy you find them interesting... Smile

#1 is a ovelayed image, don't know if that is the correct name. I worked with three layes of the same image. I left the background intact, and the other two on top are distorted and rotated then some mask to make them fit in the background. I tried to add a bit of texture but somehow, I couldn't get anything I liked. I think the idea is already interesting and more is not needed... Smile

RP well.... maybe I could exchange ir for a kangaroo picture ... Wink

Paul Cezanne

Great colors, 2 is my fav. is it a crop?

are these taken with your 180mm? How close can you get?

uli

I don't know much about flowers, but #1 really appeals to be in an abstract sense. Well Done!

Thanks Toad... I am very happy you liked #1... Smile

It was my first experiment and I like it. I have seen pictures with this effect but different subjects and it makes very interesting pictures. I want to try with other subjects as well...

Thanks Uli for your comment.. Smile

#1 and #2: I took my pictures with my 85mm and the raynox adapter. There is no crop in the pictures, you really get close with nice bokeh too.

BTW I just read and it is not adapter but converter...

Paul Cezanne

This is wonderful Irma, I loved it. How I wish to take some like yours. Thank you, thank you for being here and sharing with me,
With my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Mar 17, 2016, 23:15