Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Assignment #70: Details

The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art.
- William Morris

Details can be large or small, and as photographers we're uniquely suited to record them. With macro lenses or telephotos, we can get close and find what matters in a scene. With wide-angle lenses our ability to expand perspective lets us exaggerate the importance of different elements in the frame. Many techniques can lead to the same result: capturing the one detail in a scene that can reveal the whole.

For this assignment, focus on the details that are important and share your results.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

[Image: 93433997.jpg]

awsome!

uli

Very cool. I like the idea behind it.

I was playing with a macro and a teleconverter the other day, which gives me some silly magnification:

[Image: 256954311_WSnWp-L.jpg]

Last week there was a large fire that destroyed a significant portion of a significant street. (Across the street from the destroyed section is my favourite restaurant in the city; directly behind it is the building where I used to work.) The problem that I have is that the scene is too big to photograph with any real impact. Here are a couple of my attempts to get the details of the scene:

[Image: 258791331_NGpYj-L.jpg]

[Image: 258423057_VfGTb-L.jpg]

[Image: 258789164_QVCJg-L.jpg]

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

[Image: DSC04104.jpg]

Canadian Quarter.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Very nice pictures all... Smile

I worked with this building trying to find some geometric details. I post processed bw treatment to emphasize lines and forms. I am quite happy with my treatment this time.

[Image: IMG_3465-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3469-Edit.jpg]

Fish market area, Kiel.

With the idea of Company and support, I worked this picture to send to my family in Valentine's day. Despite of the no-nos in my technique and compostion (sun and horizon) the detail of the poles makes the picture to me Smile

[Image: IMG_2231-Edit.jpg]

Lemkenhalfen, Fehmarn.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma, I really like how the posts echo the contrails in the sky. It's a nice touch.

This was my favourite detail from my recent highway visit:

[Image: 260504631_CFZHr-L.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Dec 12, 2016, 17:26