Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Klaus Uwe portrait

Showing off his winter cardigan, Klaus posed for us both sides, so I blended both images. Unfortunately I didn't think about this idea when I was taking the pictures, otherwise I would have taken the picture I placed in the foreground totally in focus.... Anyway, I am happy as it turned out.

[Image: 41_IMG_1714-Edit.jpg]

Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very Nice, except that his head should tilt the other way in the "reflection" to make it seem more real.

Might destroy the nice balance seen here, but...

Good point Keith...

The thing is that when I worked on this image I didn't think about a reflection in a mirror, but showing both sides of a person. People immediately related this with the reflection of a mirror.... and I just left the idea like that. Maybe there is something I failed to deliver de message I wanted, and it was taken as a reflection in a mirror.

Thanks a lot for your comment, something I will consider next time I work in something similar... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I like it the way it turned out, and to be honest I wouldn't have had the idea of a reflection but instead like the
idea of "both" heads being parallel. Irma, I love the colors, they are so "sanft" (tender?), makes him look like a very nice guy.

uli

Impressive!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Thanks Uli, RP for your comment... Smile

Uli, about the colors, I have to say that I worked a lot in this one, I didn't take it with flash but the available light. So it was noisy and yellowish but I wanted to give much light to stand out his face and expression.

For more than one year I have been submitting pictures to a monthly contest, and I hadn't won anything, and my picture won this month in the category of portrait. I am a bit proud of it... Wink

He is a very nice man and great artist btw... Wink

Paul Cezanne

That's a really nice portrait, it makes me want to meet him. Ho looks like a kind and caring man.

I like the way both images are leaning the same direction, I feel like it adds to the harmony and gentleness of the image. Merging the two is an excellent idea and I don't think I've seen a portrait done that way before.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Matt for your comment... Smile

Here is the link of his gallery on line. I like very much his art, specially his paintings.

Paul Cezanne

Nicely done, clean shadowless background and a nice glint in the eyes.

It's the man that makes this photo. He is so archetypal. Also skilled work no doubt.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very beautiful work Irma.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Korry
Nov 19, 2013, 09:04
Last Post by EdMak
Oct 20, 2013, 04:04