Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wushu - martial arts

there is a martial arts school in our neighbourhood and when I got back to our campus
today I was attracted by shouts from behind a wall. a couple hundred or so of the students
were practising there, both them and their coaches shouting.
I love their facial expressions.

I realise I should have used a flash but had not carried one with me today.
I was just using teh 350D and 50/1.4 lense.

[Image: wushu1.jpg]

[Image: wushu2.jpg]

[Image: wushu3.jpg]

[Image: wushu4.jpg]

[Image: wushu5.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

Uli

I love how the people in the background all do the same thing and form a pattern while the people infront train as well Big Grin Can see they are training hard! Big Grin

It's amazing to me that you can take photos of complete strangers so easily. For a couple of years I watched a group doing Tai Chi in a park on my way to work, but the only time I stopped I couldn't bring myself to actually photograph them.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Matthew.
A simple approach and say "do you mind if I take a photo" , "I really admire what you are doing"/flannel/ suck up. Big Grin They can only say yes or no.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

yep, just ask. most of the time they actually don't mind, but it takes some guts to overcome your shyness.

Uli

I think this is the best to do NT, but I don't know if I were able to do it.

I will practice my best smile and my best and propper way of asking in German... Smile

Very beautiful series Uli. I like very much the way you worked this series having few students in the foreground and the story in the backgroud. Wouldn't be able to pick a favorite here... all are part of the series and belong together.... Smile
Nice work.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I actually do both...asking and not asking depending how big and ferocious their dog is. Rolleyes

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

wulinka Wrote:yep, just ask. most of the time they actually don't mind, but it takes some guts to overcome your shyness.

Uli
Especially when they could beat you into the ground Big Grin

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Smile

i don't think they had any intention to do so in this case

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Nov 20, 2007, 06:45