Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor girl ...

Most of the street people in Santa Monica just want money Big Grin

I did a bit of work on this. I used a mask to blur and darken the background and also made a special effort to keep the possible future Mrs Cowboy bright and sharp.

Ken

[Image: cowboy500.jpg]

Nice use of mask - normally I would say that it is incongruous to have the woman in focus when the cowboy is not...but in this context, it works beautifully.

Never be afraid to bend the rules, Well done.

hahaha, I'll take the girl, errr she don't have the sign does she, damn =P
lol
nice capture =) did you use a large apature and do the blur in photoshop?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

dewy Wrote:hahaha, I'll take the girl, errr she don't have the sign does she, damn =P
lol
nice capture =) did you use a large apature and do the blur in photoshop?

I used a program called PhotoImpact for the adjustments. The image was sharp throughout so I believe the aperture was set in the higher range. Here is a before after. I didn't mean for the cowboy's hat to be out of focus that was just some sloppy editing on my part. I'm actually just getting started using the mask feature. It's very cool.

[Image: cowboycompare.jpg]

Neat experiment. Where did you get the guy with the sign? Golden opportunity.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Neat experiment. Where did you get the guy with the sign? Golden opportunity.

--Don

Characters like the guy with the sign are a common sight in Santa Monica. Big Grin

ksnyder Wrote:Characters like the guy with the sign are a common sight in Santa Monica. Big Grin

Is that 3rd St? Haven't been there in a long time. Used to live in Venice. That's why I developed a habit of ducking for cover in response to loud noises ...

Great one kysyner...

You've done the blurring beautifully. At first I was trying to make out what the sign was mounted on. I thought it was a little girl holding the sign over her head/body... then I realised it was his backpack Smile

lol It's funny, I never noticed that but I've seen the uncropped version. "Poor Girl" in the title reinforced that, interesting, The girl heading towards a face to face with the needy cowboy is the poor girl. Very helpful comment, thank you

Yes, Thirds Street Santa Monica

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Mar 18, 2011, 10:43