Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

first post...

so, i just joined, and thought i'd give you all a sample of the kinds of things i like to photograph...

Mt. Shuksan, in the North Cascades of Washington State...took this shot a couple of weeks ago, using my 40D and Tammy 17-35 at 23mm, 1/40 @ f/13...

[Image: ShuksanMirrorsignedsm.jpg]

this is Mt. Baker, taken the same day, a little higher up on the other side of the ridge from where i shot Shuksan... i got up there later in the day than i'd have liked, and the light was pretty harsh, and coming from the front left quarter, but a grad ND4 filter and some HDR processing salvaged the image... i really like the colors in this one... 40D, Tammy 17-35, 1/60 @ f/13, 3 shots bracketed at +1.6/0/-1.6 and processed in Photomatix Pro....

[Image: BakerAutumnhorizsm-1.jpg]

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Those look pretty good to me. You have not overcooked the HDR. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Stunning images. Great work.

Very beautiful place. Both great pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Stunning images. The second looks a bit soft in the foreground. Is thhat a result of downsizing?

Please see my photos at http://mullerpavel.smugmug.com (fewer, better image quality, not updated lately)
or at http://www.flickr.com/photos/pavel_photophile2008/ (all photos)

very impressive landscapes, I like your style!

welcome to shuttertalk!

Uli

thanks, folks, for the kind words and warm welcome!

Dreamingpixels Wrote:Stunning images. The second looks a bit soft in the foreground. Is thhat a result of downsizing?
partly a result of the HDR processing software, which sometimes softens things up a bit... but mostly due to compression from downsizing... Wink

~ Rocky
Any camera will record what you see, but YOU have to SEE!
Canon 5D & 40D; Canon 100-400L, Tamron SP17-35 and SP24-135
www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post