Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just Passing Through....

Normally I'd get annoyed if something walked through the shot, but not this time! Right Place, Right Time!

[Image: bison%20and%20barn%20(800x533).jpg]

Taken at Mormon Row, Grand Teton National Park.

(I don't know why, but the photo lost a little bit of colour and brightness when I uploaded it. Anyone else ever experienced that?)

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

It's still got plenty of color and brightness. Good shot--lucky you.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hey that's an awesome shot! Lots of visual interest.. and beautiful backdrop too!

Not sure about the colour thing - maybe your browser uses a different colour palette to your image viewing program?

Hmm.... to me the colors here are the same as in your website. The grass indeed looks desaturated. It also could be that, by mistake, you changed the color space of your picture?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

It's correct for me in my flickr page. There's only probably about 5% or less difference between this one and normal. The grass was never green to begin with, rather dull goldy colour.

The colour space of all my pictures is AdobeRGB.

(hm, it appears to be the same for all my pictures on here)

My Flickr page

That is very interesting indeed. When I look at your flickr page the colours indeed look more saturated there.

Here's the same one I found for comparison to the picture in this thread:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cameronpatr...1/sizes/o/

[Image: 3000285291_0c76bcf7ac_o.jpg]

Question is, which version resembles what you have on your computer the most? If you don't mind me asking, would you be able to share the workflow for upload to each site?

e.g. (hypothetical example)
Flickr: Adobe Lightroom -> export to flickr plugin
ST: Adobe Lightroom -> Photoshop CS3 -> Resize -> Save As -> Upload to ST

Hey Cameron, I did another test - I downloaded the photo from Flickr, then uploaded it again to ST here.... no visible difference (to me)...

interesting. What's on Flickr is how it looks on my computer.

From Lightroom, I export to jpeg, then upload to flickr from Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Then I resize, again using WLPG. The resized versions still look correct, it's only after uploading it changes.

New information: I've been saving photos in Adobe RGB (1998) colour space. I since changed my computer's colour profile to Adobe RGB, and now the photos on the computer match the ones on shuttertalk.

My Flickr page

Not sure if I've got the words right here...but isn't there something about sRGB being the "default" for web rendition?? (I've a bell ringing somewhere in my memory but can't quite locate the source!) I like that desatch look, to be honest...I'm personally wishing the bison-thing was clear of the building, composition-wise, but again some really atmospheric stuff. You've really got a handle on the pp my man.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Oct 22, 2009, 04:17