Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5D Mark II Snaps

Hi Everyone,

Here are some snaps I took today along with some 100% crops to give you an idea of the resolution. All images shot on a production body and the 70-200 2.8 IS L lens.

ISO 100 Outdoors
[Image: Flower-Small.jpg]

100% Crop
[Image: Flower-100%25.jpg]

ISO 1600 Indoors
[Image: Horse-Small.jpg]

100% Crop (shot at 1/40th so I think there is some motion blur)
[Image: Horse-100%25.jpg]

ISO 6400 Indoors
[Image: Me-Small.jpg]

100% Crop
[Image: Me-100%25.jpg]

I will have some decent shots once I shoot a wedding (13th of Dec)

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

(links fixed)

Congratulations on your new camera - it looks like a winner.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Thanks Matt.

Canon stuff.

Looking great Chris!
Fantastic colour and detail. And in #1 the bokeh from your 70-200 f/2.8 on a full-frame makes it look like my 135 f/2.0 on a 1.3 crop (that's a good thing), which makes a lot of sense really.
The 6400iso shot certainly looks cleaner than the 1D3 @ 6400, more like 3200iso on the 1D3. I bet the image would scrub up even better if it were resampled down to 10mpix to match the 1D3 too. I suspect the 5D2 @ 12800iso will get a fair bit of use from me when I don't need to print big.

Speaking of which... have you tried out the 10mpix sRAW yet? I'd be very interested to see some high ISO tests shot in sRAW on the 5D2 to compare to the 1D3. Theoretically, if the sRAW algorthythm averages pixels before throwing them away then it would reduce noise even further - and quite often 10mpix is perfectly adequate and saves storage space compared to 22mpix.

Thanks for sharing!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

awesome. Excellent performance there at high ISO, and I like the barbie pony too Smile

enjoy!!

Uli

Hi Adrian,

I haven't tried the sRaw yet. But I am really keen to try out the sRaw in low light as I am also convinced it will provide excellent low light ability. 10MP is heaps for reception shots for instance - even sRaw2 would be fine at 5MP if the low light ability is even better.

I am more excited about this camera than the 1D3.

Canon stuff.

hmmmWink

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

WOW! I am watching and learning too. Thanks & Love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rolf
May 7, 2015, 11:48