Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Bird whisperer

These guys were real cute. There would be 6 at a time staring you down for a piece of bread.
[Image: Bird-whisperer.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Nice straightforward capture.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don but the credit goes to Toad. He took the shot. Smile

My flickr images

haha nice one ..

Petographer Wrote:These guys were real cute.

I hope you're talking about the birds! Just kidding... Tongue

These little guys were so hungry and aggressive. I was starving and exhausted and I had to fight off a half a dozen of them to eat the last bit of my sandwich. They were trying to tear it right out of my hand.

Bleeding nature!!

It was Colin's camera. I was changing film in mine. Bleeding film!!

Toad Wrote:These little guys were so hungry and aggressive. I was starving and exhausted and I had to fight off a half a dozen of them to eat the last bit of my sandwich. They were trying to tear it right out of my hand.

Bleeding nature!!

It was Colin's camera. I was changing film in mine. Bleeding film!!

It's a beautiful shot, very pleasing Smile

The poor little birds must have been ravenous to behave that way! What sort of birds are they?

Polly

The birds are WhiskeyJacks (a relative of the Blue Jay) - and no - they are not particularly ravenous - they have just learned that people are always good for a handout, and are not predators - and so they have lost their instinctive fear.

That seems to be a character trait of this particular type of bird. I saw them behave exactly the same way at my friend's cabin in Newfoundland (4000 miles away) in August.

Toad Wrote:The birds are WhiskeyJacks (a relative of the Blue Jay) - and no - they are not particularly ravenous - they have just learned that people are always good for a handout, and are not predators - and so they have lost their instinctive fear.

That seems to be a character trait of this particular type of bird. I saw them behave exactly the same way at my friend's cabin in Newfoundland (4000 miles away) in August.

That's really interesting, thanks. I learned something new today as well as seeing your superb picci with a very appropriate title.

I sometimes hang around www.birdforum.net and I just did a search for more pix of the little fellas. None in the Europe/UK galleries and only 8 pix in the North America + Canada galleries - all from the same person. Apparently a cute, friendly little bird that likes to be fed Big Grin

Here's the url to the gallery of pix (Gray Jay or Whiskey Jack + other nicknames) I hope it works for you - it may only be available to subscribed members, not sure.

Polly

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Amazing!!!!!!!!

Me or the bird? Big Grin
It was pretty hard parting with my sandwich being as hungry as I was but it was worth having these lttle fella's around. Smile

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Jan 25, 2016, 03:28
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 8, 2015, 06:11