Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

And still yet more Garibaldi Lake.....

Crumbs...No sense competing with Colin's excellent scenics on this trip...

Here's a few different views:

[Image: Light%20in%20the%20Trees.jpg]

...and

[Image: stumps.jpg]

...and finally...

[Image: seaweed.jpg]

soo nice..
the reflection in number 2 is soo clear..

Wow! I am impressed. These look great. They look like paintings. What did you do?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Colin and good question - one day I will have to take notes! Seriously, I am not sure what all I did - I just mess with them until I like them.

The painterly look that you are seeing is primarily a technique that I use quite a bit on this kind of photo - I repeatedly simplify the original to a small degree with Buzz simplifier, and then sharpen the resulting photo. After you do that a few times, the photos start to look very surreal.

It also helps to start with a super fine grain film (Velvia 50). These have actually lost a lot of detail during the scanning process and of course during compression.

I think that 1 and 2 also have anistropic diffusion applied to them - maybe.

Thats how I do all my stuff Toad...

Standard response... "Ummmm, I wish I could remember myself".

Also a standard response... "Why is there an extra nut and bolt?" after reassembly

Great shots though!! I love the effect.

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I think you must have stopped to pick some mushrooms on the way back down Toad! These are awesome, I can't figure out what you have done to them just by looking.

The third one is intriguing it doesn't look overly edited, what was the original like? Its rather ethereal.

Thanks Jamie. Sorry to disappoint but the 3rd one is also heavily edited - the water in the original was dirty, and my focus wasn't everything it could be...

oh why tell you - here it is...

[Image: junk.jpg]

BTW: the kind of cool sharpening that I did to this one is to get the final was done by creating a new layer, applying the emboss filter, and then setting the blend mode to hard light - it results in pretty dramatic sharpening that looks fairly natural artifact-wise.

Interesting sharpening technique I'll have to give that one a go. I wasn't overly sure that it was water it looks very misty, great job.

Toad Wrote:one day I will have to take notes! Seriously, I am not sure what all I did - I just mess with them until I like them.

Some one should do up some code that tracks the changes made to an image and send it to Adobe...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Actually, the history palette in PhotoShop tracks what you do to a certain extent - I think about 30 steps - but if you are messing a lot - it loses steps from the beginning - with all the cloning I did on the water in the 3rd photo to remove the white junk floating on it - my history pallette was "Clone" 30 times.

Also - once you close the photo - it's history is gone. If someone wrote such a filter or action, I would buy it.

These are all awesome photos Toad...

Regards,
peter

D70

Thank you, Peter - Long time no see.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11