Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

portfolio up

Hi everyone

Just to let you know that I have uploaded some pix from my portfolio.These pixs do not give a true reflection of my work but it will give some idea of the quality of the work in my portfolio. Im trying to get a job that requires more versatility such as newspaper work.

Regards

Christian

Direct link:
http://www.shuttertalk.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10108

Great shots, Christian! I love your stage photography and dance shots. Very dramatic.

Thanks

Thanks to shuttertalk I can direct some future clients to some of my work.

Regards

Christian

You certainly can. I would suggest getting a dedicated website up though - it looks more professional, especially if you're trying to sell yourself to clients.

People like Toad and Petographer have recently set up their own and I'm sure would be more than happy to share their experiences...

Thanks, thats my next step.

Christian

Very nice work Christian. I see quite a few wide-angle shots - do you have a favorite focal range among your lenses?

Hi Slejhamer

yes, I mostly use two or three lensess. It depends what Im shooting, dance I only use the 80-200mm F2.8 afsw and documentary 20-35mm F2.8 or justa 20mm f2.8

Regards

Christian

The documentary and portrait shots are very powerful and are my favorites.

I agree with the idea of using 2 or 3 lenses at most - you spend much less time changing lenses and more time taking pictures. Buy a few great quality lenses rather than a lot of lesser ones. I use the 80-200 F2.8 myself - it is a great piece of glass.

I like the glider in the sun. Smile

Cave canem

I have to say, impressive. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks

Yes 80-200 af is very nice I used it for a long time. But the new version SW is the best nikon lens that they have produce!!

Regards

Christian

shuttertalk Wrote:You certainly can. I would suggest getting a dedicated website up though - it looks more professional, especially if you're trying to sell yourself to clients.

People like Toad and Petographer have recently set up their own and I'm sure would be more than happy to share their experiences...
Fine forget about me and the site I have had up in various states for the last 4 years!

Christian, if you want I can give you a hand setting up a personal portolio site if you wish :-)

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Who is Dewy?

I definitely agree on the two many lens changes. i dropped my $600 70-200 f/4L lens in the wet grass/mud trying to switch too many lenses at an event I was shooting for. Later at the event a photojournalist for out regional paper said something like "Fumbling is bad" I thought “why didn’t I think that before”

i really like your photos and i also agree that you should get a more professional looking webpage. i used smugmug. I have found them to be very good. especally with the unlimeted space and near-unlimited traffic.

no one can compete with there customer service. one night at midnight i got a response in 13 minutes.
here is an example of what i got http://thephotoangel.smugmug.com/gallery...3/23403568
i found that you need to be at least a power user which is $50 a year to customize. i went with the pro so i could sell prints. you may want to find somewhere that lets you sell your photos.

btw, if you do go with smugmug you can save $5 by putting W0kVARpVI4D7E in the referred field (plus i get a discount)

this website may help you more than it helped me

don't forget we are in an age of nearly free speech

fantastic photos, feel free to ask if you have any questions

-your web buddy

Ouch... muddy 70-200 f/4L Sad

Hey thanks for the link to the photo resource guide - very useful. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Petographer
May 15, 2005, 23:32