Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

just panning around

a couple of quick ones from the other day

[Image: adam1%20copy.jpg]

[Image: adam%202%20copy.jpg]

My Mumma always says.........life is like a box of .......opps wrong quote.

My mum always says.............if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all.

I guess this is the case.......... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hey I must have missed this one. Very good job with the panning, I must say. The background is just a blur, but the subject is in pretty good focus.

How fast was the bike going by the way?

Tricky shots. Were they taken from a moving car? Tthe panning and focus on #1 is great - although the pose in #2 is better.

Are these crops? If so , you might want to give #1 a little breathing room on the bottom and #2 a little on the right side.

Best
T

Well done.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nice work, not something I've tried very much, but a skill I think all photographers need at some point, even if it's only to catch the running kids!

Both great pictures ... I think my favorite is #1 because of the cool pose he has on the bike... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

ST.....the bike was not going all that fast had the CP filter on ISO 100 lens stoped down to F13 (I think ) to get 1/25th. very bright day!

Toad..........No moving car. They are croped a little to try and balance them better unfortunately #1 not from the bottom and #2 not from the right side.

EB....not something I have tried much of either.........best of a bunch so shockers!

Irma and Don........thanks for the comments. It was fun playing around with panning. You should have seen some of the not so cool poses........ Big Grin

Cheers all

PS Its bad when you make people comment of your pics..........(blush)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but there are some cool cycling and panning shots by Kombi and StudioJ here if you're interested...

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4129