Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A few from todays session

Had my brother over today to take some shots for my fathers birthday, we planned a session outdoors on some railroad tracks and stuff, but the weather wasnt up to it. Rolleyes

So we shot some in my livingroom instead. Tongue

Here are a few.

C&C are most welcome. I have to pick one to use as a gift for my dads birthday. wich one would you pick ? Wink

My tall little brother John.

[Image: john_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_2_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_3_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_4_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_5_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_6_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_7_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_8_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_9_s.jpg]
Large version

[Image: john_10_s.jpg]
Large version

Setup used:
3 strobes, and a sheet of foamcore.
D2X+28-70/2,8

PP:resized, usm, wb correction and cloning out lightstands. Big Grin

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

#1, #2 or the last one would be my favs, Paul.

Great job on lighting and exposure. Must be difficult to get the high key background without overdoing the dark shirt and jacket. You've got detail without losing the shadows.

Are these crops right out of the camera, or do you have a little more room in the tighter shots that isn't shown here?

I like # 1 ,# 5 & 7 too , i like the high key look , great job !!

........Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great sereies of shots Paul, If I were to pick I would go with #7..........#8 is too tight near his eye.

really like #'s 1 & 3 as standouts too.

John 9.......looks like one of the wiggles in that red jumper Big Grin Big Grin (I hope you know the wiggles)

The extreme close up is a clear winner for me. Its much more personal, it has a great tonal range and looks perfect in black and white. Having said that - I'm always a sucker for a close up. The other shots (while great quality) seem more posed and less personal for a gift for your father.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

#2, 3, 5, 7 or 9, Great Smile, very comfortable

I prefer the B&W on your brother, I like the close up, but the cut off eye bugs me a bit too much, what about no 7 with a tighter crop?
No 1 is too sexy a pose for your dad, feel free to send a big poster sized one my way though! LOL

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thnx Everyone!

Rob:those are exactly my favourite aswell, even though #1 wont fit my fathers taste.Tongue

Slejhammer:Thanx, the bg is metered one stop higher then the key, and is lit by 2 strobes with 2 softboxes. My living room is quite small so lightstandlegs and darker corners is cloned out.Tongue. For the closeups i belive none of them are cropped. On some full length shot the top is slightly cropped.

Shawn:Thanx, #5 looks relaxed, it would fit nicely aswell. glad you enjoyed them.

Russ:Thnx, yes #7 would probebly fit quite well for my dad. Since im guessing he wants a kind of personal shot. No i didnt know wiggles lol. Big Grin but i goggled them and i can see the what you mean. Big Grin

Shane:I am becoming more and more fond of bw.Wink I hear you, i really need to work on my portrait skills, since many of these are quite clean and have a more comercial look. I think the white bg help making it clean. Later this week im gonna try some location shots if the weather allows it, to get a little more personal look. Thanx.

Bythelake:thnx, yes it was quite easy to make him smile since we are brothers, i just pointed out how goofy he looked. Big Grin

Thnx everyone for looking. Much appreciated.

/Paul L.

Shell:Thanx, yes i agree its framed to tight. Seriously i almost fell of my chair when i read your comment abut #1 LOL Big Grin I will make sure to pass the complient along to him.

Thanx for looking.

Paul L.

All of them really great pictures Paul... Smile

I like also #7 but I would leave it as it is... I think he looks great with a nice smile Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Irma.Smile

Yes i think my dad would love #7 aswell.

Thanx for looking.

/Paul L.

very slick. You guys are getting classier and classier.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanx Don!.
My brother was a good sport, his first time in a studio . He is far more gifted then my self when it comes to stand infront of the camera. !Big Grin

Was alot of fun , and now he knows its more then just pushing the button..Big Grin

/Paul L.

Paul - really great work here. As for your Dad I would say any of the black and white images would be best - the others are too commercial (as already mentioned).

Canon stuff.

Thanx Chris!

Glad you liked them.

/Paul L.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tony Britton
Jun 14, 2016, 06:12
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2016, 08:25
Last Post by Photopro
Dec 22, 2012, 10:08