Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Manhattan

My fiancee and I spent a weekend in New Brunswick with her sister and brother-in-law, so we headed into Manhattan of course (I still can't believe I've actually been there!) We were pressed for time so I didn't get to get a lot of the shots i wanted (damn not being allowed to take tripods up to any of the observation decks!), but I did get a few good ones.

[Image: viewfinder800x536.jpg]

# 2 looking north on broadway, taken from a balcony on my future brother-in-law-in-law's (!?) office building
[Image: broadwaynorth536x800.jpg]

#3 looking south on broadway, same vantage point
[Image: broadwaysouth535x800.jpg]

#4 the southern end of manhattan
[Image: downtownmanhattan800x534.jpg]

[Image: libertymanhattan800x536.jpg]

[Image: manhattan800x403.jpg]

#7 I really wish i'd been able to take this from further north, opposite the landmark buildings such as empire state and chrysler, but oh well. it's an excuse to go back one day.
[Image: manhattanpanorama800x281.jpg]

#8 from the same vantage point as the broadway pics. I've never seen a skyscraper made from bricks before!
[Image: oldskyscrapers556x800.jpg]

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I really like the color in #2 and #3

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I like very much the night picture #7...
also interesting #8 with that brick wall.
Nice bw convesion there.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

awesome shots!

Amazing shots, I really like the views and the night scenes.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wasn't the Rabid Penguin complaining about not being happy with any of his shots recently?

I guess you need unfamiliar locations to inspire you, because all of your new stuff is great.
How do you get to travel so much?

I find this set of images are exremely appealing. The second and the last images in particular are my favs. The contrast, light and perspective is awesome.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

KeithAlanK Wrote:How do you get to travel so much?
My fiancee is from Seattle, and she has family in New Brunswick. Smile Otherwise i would have never had the opportunity.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

The broadway shots are stunning. You have really produced some amazing work on this trip.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post