Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Berries

The kids had a hard time understading why i needed to take photos of their berries...Big Grin

[Image: berries_zf100_1.jpg]

[Image: berries_zf100_3.jpg]

[Image: berries_zf100_2.jpg]

C&C welcome as always.

Moved from the snapshot forum

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I love the colors in your pictures, Paul.
Were these frozen berries? and the texture is very nice.

I am not sure I like the sharpness distribution in the first shot. usually it is easier to look at something that is sharp in forground.

can't see the third one, where is it?

(i guess your kids got to have them at last...?)

uli

Lovely and sharp Paul. I think the third would have looked better if it had been shot at more of an angle rather than straight on - my favourite of the three.

Canon stuff.

Thanx guys.

Uli

No there where fresh, well as fresh as they can be from traveling half around the globe lol. I sprayed them with water, to make them look a little fresher.

Yes, i can see how the focus point in the #1 can be a little confusing. :-)

3rd image should be working now hopefully.

Yes the kids got them for sure, i had to smack a few fingers during the short time i had the berries. Big Grin

Chris.
Thanx, yes it would probebly look alot better. I did this very quickly with the berries on the sofa table, and with one sb800 so i didnt have much room shooting from an angle without getting some stuff in the bg.

Thanx for looking.

Now that I read your comment... It is amazing the reflection you got in the berries if you took the picture just with one flash!
I like the last one a lot!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanx Irma, i feel bad though.Tongue I failed/forgot to mention i use the sb800 with a softbox attached. The reflections is well controlled with the softbox i adjusted the height of the light to get the size of reflection that i wanted.( I never use the sb800 without a softbox off camera, its simply to harsh for my taste.)

Here is a good example with the same lightning, here the sb was just a couple of inches above the table.

[Image: marbels_zf100.jpg]

And here is with the softbox positioned higher above the marbles, and you see how unnatural the reflections look.

Image straight from the camera, just a example.
[Image: reflection.jpg]

I see... there is a lot of difference...

Hey, btw, the other day I wanted to tell you that I bought a book about light. I don't know if you know about it.
It is Light Sience & Magic. Amazing book about light not only in the studio but also with natural light.

I will post some pictures I took of glass and a bottle....

Paul Cezanne

Yes i have it, its a great book one of the best on lightning in general imo. Its well worth reading a few times over, and great for solving problems or helping you understand them.

'Light Science and Magic' is THE book on lighting from what I've heard.
But until it shows up at the used bookstore or library I will continue to experiment and teach myself until my next birthday comes around.
Many of it's lessons end up on the internet in one form or another if you look hard enough.

I'm slowly working my way through "Light Science & Magic" for the first time. Last night I was reading about glossy black surfaces and families of angles, both of which make these photos much more understandable.

Keith, it will make an excellent birthday present, and a valuable addition to the local library. But I wouldn't ever expect a copy to end up in a used bookstore.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:I'm slowly working my way through "Light Science & Magic" for the first time. Last night I was reading about glossy black surfaces and families of angles, both of which make these photos much more understandable.
You are right Matthew, probably I wouldn't have see the reflections in the berries if I hadn't read the book before.

I still have a lot to learn from this book.

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 15, 2011, 16:32
Last Post by Rabid Penguin
Mar 17, 2008, 17:05