Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 Hour Wedding Photography Seminar?

Got this delivered to my inbox:

http://www.ipwa.com.au/seminars/march052005/

It's a 3 hour seminar in Melbourne for $79 pp....

# Take home $1500-$2500 per week or more
# Work 20 hours or less per week
# Generate unlimited new business, on tap, at minimal outlay
# Consistently write sales double or even triple the industry average

and more...

I'm always open to learning and this sounds like a good opportunity but I'm a bit skeptical. What does everyone think? Sounds too good to be true?

They'll teach you to run wedding photography seminars costing $79 pp promising to make you $1500-$2500 per week or more.

Actually they'll teach you where to advertise and maybe even what to say in your ads. But they probably won't teach anything about photography.

I checked out the site. VERY VAGUE. In fact, too vague to be of value. I am not discounting seminar for hopeful wedding photographers. portrait folks or whatever. In fact, i encourage stuff like that. These are not designed to teach you about photography per se, but I think they are useful for helping you market yourself, what to expect when shooting a wedding, tips and tricks of the trade as well as how interact with the bride and groom to get the kind of photos they are looking for. Wedding photography is an art... (like everything I suppose) but unlike a lot of others, misplacing yourself at a crucial point in the wedding will never get back the "kiss" or the special moment.

Look further into into what they are talking about Jules, but if you are interested in wedding photography some seminar work is very helpful.

J

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Yeah... looks like they're probably offering tips to those already in the wedding / photography industry... not someone wanting to get into it without prior experience...