Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

350D something strange.

I took 6 shots of a sundog more or less within 5 minutes of each other. I changed viewpoints, and none of the settings, but I have two of the six have come out flipped L. to R.
Anyone know of any occurences of this or why it happened.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Yoiks! New one on me....no auto-rotation on, is there nt?...:/

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I've had my 350D for about 4 years and recorded 5000+ images. Never had a flip in all that time. I understand that spots, similar to sundogs, can also occur around the moon. Are they called "moondogs"?

Regards.....Dennis

Zig Wrote:Yoiks! New one on me....no auto-rotation on, is there nt?...:/
Not that I know of. I only noticed when I uploaded to the PC and spotted it then by the positions of some caravans.
I wondered if taking into the sun had caused it.
Auto-rotate only rotates as far as I know. When I have a bit more time I will post them. I only have the exif in zoombrowser. The one in irfanview is far more complex but I ain't got that loaded.
It has been suggested that I reload windows again as my pc is acting strange.:/ Stranger than me. Big Grin
The flip is in camera as well as on the pc.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

enviroguy Wrote:I've had my 350D for about 4 years and recorded 5000+ images. Never had a flip in all that time. I understand that spots, similar to sundogs, can also occur around the moon. Are they called "moondogs"?

Regards.....Dennis
Probably. The one I saw was a double. One at each side of the sun, which makes me think it is some kind of rainbow/prismatic effect.
The only other things I can think of is some kind of refraction from the sun causing it via the lens.

Lumix LX5.

It would appear after I have had a good look and lightened everything dramatically, that I took the two offending shots through a window, but I cannot for the life of me remember doing it.
My apologies (and I will let you have some of the wine I must have been drinking) Tongue
Slinks away with a red face................

Lumix LX5.

Big Grin
Phew! I'd better glue mine back together then!
Mushroom season up on t' moors, is it, owd lad?Wink

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Sep 28, 2011, 04:34