Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 Bad Photography Habits to Drop Right Now

Seriously, no matter what your goals are as a photographer, there is stuff you need to stop doing. Here are five of the worst habits ever.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...-right-now

(May 11, 2015, 23:14)Jeffbridge Wrote:  Seriously, no matter what your goals are as a photographer, there is stuff you need to stop doing. Here are five of the worst habits ever.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...-right-now

I had a look at your link, Jeff. I think it is good advice. Attitude is a big issue as the article said. But, seems to me, it takes so much hard work and dedication to become a fine photographer that 'attitude' is what gets a person through that process. Basically the attitude has to be a strong belief in yourself. And, unfortunately, when the goal is achieved the attitude just doesn't shut off. It keeps right on going and congratulates itself for the accomplishment.

About not comparing oneself to others, that seems to me what starts the whole process of striving to 'improve' one's photography. If we did not compare ourselves to others we would not strive to achieve something as 'good as' or better. And, comparing our kit to what others use is a way of learning what works and why by talking it over with others, too.

Photography is basically a lonely hobby or profession. And, if you don't have the 'umph' to push yourself you are not going to reach much further than novice capability. Attitude is what pushes the ball forward.

One thing I would mention is that it is sometimes very tragic when a novice runs into a bully. The self congratulating put downs can be hard to overcome for newbies who have such an unfortunate experience. But, that goes back to attitude. If a newbie is going to be hampered by such an experience then probably his choice of hobby or profession was not an serious commitment to begin with.Shy

Good shooting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post