Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

50mm f/1.8 and Raynox adapter.

I bought this Raynox macroscopic lens model M250 for my panasonic a year ago, and I tried it yesterday with this lens on a 5D. I have tried already with my D70 and the pictures were very nice too.

Here are some pictures with exif data and the size of the crop.
Post processing, noise removal with Neat image and crop. No sharpening

[Image: IMG_4509-Edit.jpg]
iso 100, f/8.0, 1/40sec.
original size, 2587 X 2070px

[Image: IMG_4512-Edit.jpg]
iso 100, f/8.0, 1/100sec.
original size, 2286 X 2286px

[Image: IMG_4518-Edit.jpg]
iso 100, f/8.0, 1/50sec.
original size, 4368 X 2912px

[Image: IMG_4557-Edit.jpg]
iso 100, f/6.3, 1/250sec.
original size, 1745 X 1745px

What I liked of this combination was that you have the great advantage of the 50mm lens, and you can take pictures with very slow shutter speed for macro photography. The slower I can take macros with my lens (180mm) is 1/200sec and you need a lot of light. With this adapter, you can take pictures with f8 and still have a shutter speed of l/50sec and your picture looks sharp with very good detail.

The other advantage is that you can get a holder that fit some different lenses. Mine works with the FZ20, my 70-210mm nikon lens, and this canon 50mm.

I really don't remember the price but it wasn't more than 40euro. I find it a good and cheap solution for macro photography.

Withdrawals,
- the adapter indeed introduces a bit of noise and makes a vignette when the image is a bit dark, but some cases the image is totally clean.
- you need to be very close to the subject 10cm more or less, so.... for flying insects it is not a good option.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma, nice series of shots, looks like a good combo.........the detail and sharpness appear very good at this size. I have not been using my 50mm much of late, I might have to have look into something similar. thanks for the info

I am very happy you found interesting this information. I really don't have practice with this lens, but I have seen really beautiful pictures..

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by dave1712
Apr 2, 2016, 09:15