Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 Insanely Awesome Prime Lenses That All Photographers Want
Let’s warm you up with 9 popular, yet affordable prime lenses that photographers use and love.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...phers-want
Which do you have? Smile
(Apr 9, 2015, 21:47)Jeffbridge Wrote: Let’s warm you up with 9 popular, yet affordable prime lenses that photographers use and love.

http://www.photographytalk.com/photograp...phers-want

Hi Jeff,

Well I looked at the list and I do have the Nikon 50mm/1.8D and while the pix are pretty sharp, my new (arrived today) Tokina M100 MM/F2.8 Macro Pro D lens beats it hands down.

It is by far the sharpest lens in my kit.

Attached is one of the first shots I took with this lens today.

100MM 1/320/F4 ISO 100. No re-touches at all. No crop. Just re-sized.

All I did was focus and shoot.Big Grin[attachment=4544]

Image(s)

Is my pic too big or what?    
What do you mean by, too big? Ed.
To each his own!
Do you mean the attachment size?

Looks fine!
(Apr 15, 2015, 03:10)kNox Wrote: Do you mean the attachment size?

Looks fine!
Sorry kNox, I don't post pix very often and forgot it takes time sometimes for the embed pic to show up.
Although I waited a good 3-4 minutes before posting it again downsized.Rolleyes

I'm not a big fan of primes, prefer a zoom as it gives me a better chance to compose and get what I want without needing to crop.

I do have the Canon Nifty Fifty 1.8 that I use for portraits and the occasional landscape. Also have a Sigma 150mm F/2.8 macro, which is also an awesome portrait lens.

That said, I would love to have enough $$ to obtain the Canon 600mm f/4, a boy can dream!
Phil, I make the longest side of my pics, 2000 Pixels, and when saving, ensure the file size is under 1Mb, 900Kb is about right.

Re Lenses, I only have one, Tamron 18-200mm, cost £150, does all I need. See no reason to spend any more money. Ed.
To each his own!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make awesome shot with less gear? theothegamer 0 274 Dec 12, 2019, 01:57
Last Post: theothegamer
  Your Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning Your Camera and Lenses Jeffbridge 1 2,609 Aug 5, 2019, 01:31
Last Post: jogesh12345
  Distorted focal length sigma lenses. Madeelay 1 2,210 Oct 26, 2018, 03:06
Last Post: GrahamS