Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Grand Day Out(2: The Snowdrops)

Oh dear, Zig at this point trying to resist going macro.
If ya ever want old ladies to come up and go "hello dear, have you fallen?", then this occupation is for you.
[Image: dangly2-1%20copyweb.jpg]
[Image: highkeygrpE-vert-ii-1web.jpg]
Just natural light in all these by the way; aperture around f8.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Real nice macros, I can't wait for Spring time to come! Smile

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Nice work mate, you should keep it up, if these are the kinds of shots you'll be producing! Big Grin

I love the 2nd one - reminds me of raindrops.

Very pretty

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Very good shots Zig. I'm not always one for the flowers but when I comment i feel they are excellent. I really like the colour in these.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Had you fallen over, dear? Big Grin

Seriously though - I love the low angle view, also love the very true colours of the flower and foliage. Nice exposure with those delicate details on the petal, also super to see the hint of light showing through the petals. All in all you're actually very good, innit! Big Grin

The first one is my favourite - just like a little lightbulb hanging down and lighting the way towards Spring. Perfect bokeh too.

Although I like the second shot I think I might have preferred it if the flowers in the foreground had been slightly more in focus but maybe the breeze disturbed them ----- or perhaps you knocked them slightly when you fell over in frontof that nice old lady? :o

Pol

Petographer Wrote:I really like the colour in these.
Me too. Exactly right, just like they really are.

Pol

The colours are in my opinion kind a washed out. Maybe more contrast would help. But I like these shots though. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 23, 2017, 21:07
Last Post by NT73
Apr 27, 2012, 19:16
Last Post by nia
Feb 25, 2011, 01:54