Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Seasonal cards....

This year I decided to approach the season in a big series consisting of different miniseries.... Taking a subject and trying to develop a series of 4 or 5 pictures with the idea of consistency in post processing, belonging into the group... Also I was atracted by the idea of working very contrasting techniques and post processings as you will see...

As always, I appreciate very much your reviews and comments on my work....

So let's start! This is the first miniseries... Smile

Walking into the forest I found a sweet colony of pink mushrooms... I decided for this location/subject to make my pictures postcards... sort of... Wink

Here they are....

[Image: IMG_5084-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5094-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5100-Edit.jpg]

Thanks for looking... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

How beautiful Irma - lovely soft images. Number 2 is my favourite as I find the DOF just right.

The other two are beautiful - but I would have preferred just a little more DOF in them.

That said - they are so unique and look incredible.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Chris... I am very happy you liked them.... Smile

I know what you mean about the DOF... The story behind is that I tried to work my flash off camera and with umbrellas and reflectors to get more or less flat light... I didn't have the exact idea of the post processing but I wanted flat light.... When more or less all was organized and my tripods and cables out... I just realized that I had forgotten the umbrellas.... Rolleyes

you know women sometimes forgetting little tinny details... Big Grin

By the time G arrived with the umbrellas it was getting dark and the forecast said only few hours in the morning would be dry... Sad so no much time to work with my lights... All was so contrasting... I felt really disappointed ... I really didn't know how to do it... so I started taking my pictures with available light and I had to go f 3.5

#1 and #2 are with flash... Good thing is that after my post processing I got more or less what I wanted... Smile

Paul Cezanne

LOL - I thought it was us guys who forgot the details Big Grin

I think they are great.

Canon stuff.

Great Series Irma, #2 is my pick as well. I wish I could come up with something even close.

These are excellent images. Absolutely no doubt about that!
I'm generally more of a contrasty type person, so struggle to "see" these a little.

Definitely #2! Just the right number of elements in there. Nicely done!

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I think #2 has the best composition - but there is something very appealing about the DOF in #3. You see the foreground mushroom in sharp focus, but you can see that there are many more in the background.

With #2 - the dark strand of leaf stalk sticking up behind the second mushroom bothers me a bit. Maybe can be cloned...

Craig, you are very kind... Smile

Cremetti, I found this series good practice to train my eye to work a high key series in the feature... Wink

jericho, Now that you made me think about the number of elements, you are right... now I see that number 1 is missing something smaller at the left to balance the composition... Smile

Toad, I will make a clean up there... and clone out the dark spot... good eye!... Smile

Thanks so much for your kind comments and advice in this series....

You all made my day!! Smile

Paul Cezanne