Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A photo editorial

Since I got my new baby Canon 600D and my pancake lens I figured I'd have a little boho inspired shot with two of friends (model and make-up). Here are the results! Big Grin

I really like the contrast and how you set up the session. Very nice! Thank you for sharing with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

She has such a great smile in the last photo! Good job!

Thank you so much, Barbara and Vlad! it makes me believe in this shots again...I tried to submit them to an online magazine and I was refused 5 minutes after I sent the email Sad

They are a great series, though i can hazard a guess at the quick rejection. The highlights are all but gone, probably a result of the post processing and the dreamy air of the images.

That's the problem with submitting images anywhere, they are then subject to the scrutiny of the editor / judge. My wife is a member of the same camera club I am, she entered competition once, with 4 of her favorite images. Heard the critique of the judge and hasn't entered since (4 years). She said his opinions ruined her pictures for her, and she didn't want that doing to others.

I can see her point. You have a great series of images, don't let one rejection ruin the series for you.

Thank you so much, Bob!
Indeed, the post-processing seems to had taken a bit of the highlights away, but it only looks like this for low quality jpegs, the full resolution has details mainly because I'm a control freak and it takes me ages to balance and retouch a shot(usually from 3 to 5 hours on an image) Big Grin As for the rejection, I think your wife is right , harsh judging really ruins the pictures for photographers. I've been facing rejection and harsh critique for years now and I admit I'm used to fair judging, I don't question it when it's constructive or straightforward, I just don't appreciate people that reject without giving a reason, any reason for that matter.

Alessya. I was going to comment before but was still feeling unwell (Manflu)

I feel the first and second ones are lacking in a joyful feeling. You know, with all the colour and flowers, I think she should be bursting with happiness and she looks so sad. The 3rd one fits the mood wistful rather than sad. And in the fourth she reminds me of someone in my past. ( That must be good, as I don't get the pretty ones now.)

I also feel that red hair and black eyebrows and green eye shadow don't go together in my book, but that is just my opinion.

I see what you have done with the second and I'm not sure it works ( the flower clone) It seems out of balance to me. Other than that there is nothing wrong in your photo's themselves.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I am intrigued by your title. I like the series and the title drove me to it. The girl looks too well dressed though. It almost calls for bare breasts.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

OH MY those are STUNNING!!!! Love the colors and the whimsical feel.

What's a pancake lens?

I thank you each and every one of your oppinions and your critiques!
BrandyMae, this is a pancake lens: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Revie...eview.aspx You can read the review if you are interested Smile

Photos are great and the model is simply stunning! Congrats!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MarkLant
Dec 11, 2017, 14:27