Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photographers' Websites

Spotted this link on Engadget:
http://www.burnsautoparts.com/manuals/photoWeb.html

"In January, 2005, I surveyed art buyers from advertising agencies across the US about their thoughts when it comes to photographers’ websites—what they liked, disliked, and if they thought it was vital for a photographer to have a good website. The results were clear: when asked “How important is it for you, as a photo buyer, for a photographer to have a website where you can see her/his work?” 87% of respondents answered the question “very” or “most important.” Not a single respondent said it was “not important.”"

"However, just having a website—of any quality—is not enough. Your site needs to be of a certain quality to hold the interest of most worthwhile potential clients. As in all parts of your marketing mix, there are some basic standards to keep in mind when it comes to your site—things like your branding, good, clean design, and ease-of-use."

It's a pretty interesting article - if you're in the industry, already have a website or are interested in getting one, do have a read...

I'm in the process of completely redeveloping my site from the ground up, so any feedback on my current interface / navigation system / gallery presentation / information architecture would be appreciated: www.wprasek.com

thanks.

Oh yeah, FWIW i'm an aussie (from brisbane) currently living in london so there's the relevance of me being on this forum...!

Hey Warren... welcome to Shuttertalk! Aussie or not, you're definitely welcome here. Big Grin

I ran across your site/gallery earlier today and I must say that I really admire your work!

Anyway, glad to have you onboard.

Good work in your website. Welcome to the forum.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post