Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Got my work cut out...

I've got three upcoming gigs: Big Grin

Sun 12/9: Combined service with another church - playing lead guitar
Mon 13/9: Worship night from 7pm to 11pm - lead vox, guitars and drums
Sat 18/9: Youth service at Shuttertalk's church - vox and guitar/drums

I've gotta spend a couple of hours after work sorting out what sounds I want out of my GT6 effects box to match the songs we're playing this Sunday and level match all my patches so they're all of similar volumes when I change from one type of sound to another. Wheeee - joy. :/

The style of songs we play as church musos can be so diverse that it's hard to keep up sometimes. I know there's a trade-off between flexibility and simplicity of setup, but any ideas/tips on having a flexible but low-maintenance guitar effects setup without having to spend $$$ on rack systems?

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

You getting paid for these?

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Haha, keep up the good work, axeman! The music director of my previous church used to say that church musicians are probably the most versatile musicians out there - to be able to pull off a 30-45 min live "gig" usually with only 1 or two rehearsals...

But yeah I agree axeman.. sometimes it's hard to keep track of everything. That's where my special skill, called "winging it" comes it... Smile

dewy Wrote:You getting paid for these?

Heh, yeah I do... not in dollar terms, but I believe my reward's in heaven! Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:That's where my special skill, called "winging it" comes in

Yes... you're very skilled at that... Tongue

By the way I saw a Boss GT3 multi-fx board on sale on evil-bay for around $160 - a real steal considering a single brand new BOSS pedal costs around $250! It's the little, little brother of my GT6 and you should check it out if you're thinking of getting a guitar soon.

Keep an eye on it - it still has 5 days left, but if it doesn't go past the $250 mark, you should definitely snap it up...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...eName=WDVW

Ooooh ok... I'll keep an eye out on it... but 5 days to go, the price is sure to go up...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 13, 2010, 16:29
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 14, 2010, 07:57