Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A winter day in Yosemite National Park

Nikon D7100 VR 18-55 f8 1/250

I think it is improved with a little bit a graduated exposure filter on the foreground. Makes the bottom of the picture a bit better balanced with the top.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

My monitor says it needs a bit more poke/punch.
A pic of this nature needs to be seen as an A3, at least, loses impact here, would sell as a picture postcard.
My thoughts. Cheers. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

I agree with Ed's comments - and it would be better posted larger here (e.g. 900 pixels tall should fit a typical monitor).

If it were mine I would slightly lighten the shadow areas and try to bring out more of the textures; I think it needs to be more colourful generally, although with a bit less of the blue cast.

Cheers.
Philip

Regarding posting larger. The maximum width the forum displays is 916 pixels, so if you make your minimum width 916 you get your best, bang for your buck, image.

That's fine for a photo in landscape orientation, John, but for a portrait like the one here, most people would have to scroll up and down to see all the image if it was 916 wide. I was just thinking that a 900 pixel tall photo in this forum might be suitable to be viewed complete on a typical monitor.

Cheers.
Philip

(Jan 16, 2016, 16:34)MrB Wrote:  That's fine for a photo in landscape orientation, John, but for a portrait like the one here, most people would have to scroll up and down to see all the image if it was 916 wide. I was just thinking that a 900 pixel tall photo in this forum might be suitable to be viewed complete on a typical monitor.

Cheers.
Philip

I'll give you that, Philip. I'll have to work out the maximum pixels high I can view, on the forum, using my monitor.

Good points all, though I'd like to see less snowy foreground. Though the darkening of the shadows helps not draw the eye there. (But shadows look a little blue.)

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2017, 09:49
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 13, 2017, 01:29