Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My own personal x-file

I received a call this morning on my cell phone from the Surrey RCMP. The constable was telling me that the driver of a black car and license plate I reported on Saturday evening was indeed drunk. I told the officer he must have the wrong number. I never reported anything. He asked me my name again, phone number and address. All were correct. He read off my birthdate but I replied saying that it was wrong. All the info he had on me was correct except my birthdate. He was as confused as I was. :/
I then called my cell phone company and asked for the last number that called my cell. It was the RCMP. I'm still a little confused but not as worried anymore about the thought of somebody actually stealing my identity. :|
Why would somebody report a drunk driver and pose as me? :/

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Maybe the identity thief was drunk and got confused - reported himself.

Prank call!

Did they already have your name? Or did they just ask?
Maybe it's a trick to steal your identity!
Soon they'll ask for your address... OH WAIT! HE ALREADY DID!!!
too late....

"The calls are coming from inside the house!"

:o

Oh, sorry ... wrong movie.

Big Grin

Maybe what I posted was a not clear. He asked if my name was Colin Perrin, I said "yes". He asked if my address was 18076-xxstreet, I said "yes". He asked if my cell phone number was xxx-xxxx. I said "yes". all this info he already had. He was just confirming it. Only, when he went to confirm my birth date, he did not have the right date.
I checked out the number he called from and it was the RCMP.

My flickr images

Birthdate is one of the thing that are always asked when confirming identity. Could be an identity thief still (and work for the RCMP). Can't really trust the cops, you know.

my $0.02,

I would call your local detachment asking if they ever figured out how the mixup occured... if they have no idea what you're talking about, then you have something to report to them... did the copper leave a name or badge #?

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

The officer did tell me his name but I can't remember. He seemed as confused about it all as I was.

My flickr images

I would follow up as well. Thats kind of creepy.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I have tried to follow up by phoning the RCMP but I can't remember the constable's name. I'm going to have to just chalk this one up as an x-file.

My flickr images

Could they have gotten your name, address and tel no off the web somewhere, and then just called you to get the last missing bit (your b'day)? Sneaky that it came from the RCMP though... :o

shuttertalk Wrote:Could they have gotten your name, address and tel no off the web somewhere, and then just called you to get the last missing bit (your b'day)? Sneaky that it came from the RCMP though... :o

No. My cell number isn't listed anywhere. I'm satisfied that it was an error on the part of the RCMP. There would have been a time where I did call in about something and they got things mixed up. Still, pretty weird. :/

My flickr images

That is so strange... unless maybe you were abducted by aliens and you're not really you anymore, but a clone?

Hehehe, sorry, I've been watching too much SG-1... Big Grin

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

de_axeman Wrote:That is so strange... unless maybe you were abducted by aliens and you're not really you anymore, but a clone?

Hehehe, sorry, I've been watching too much SG-1... Big Grin

Hey, that is a great show. Shot local to where I live too. Big Grin

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Jul 27, 2017, 11:04
Last Post by Irma
Aug 25, 2005, 15:09