Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AOL ..... Breakin the Law ( sorry about the rant )

I saw this on another site and thought i would share it with yall . It rubbs me the wrong way when a company tells people to break the law to save some money . Look at the advice that they give people in the class photo area . :mad:

Quote:Money-Saving Tips: Just buy the class picture. And don't even consider placing an order during the spring session, when many schools host a secondary picture day. If you just can't resist, purchase the smallest package possible. At the Clark School in Swampscott, Mass., parents can spend as little as $24 for a few wallet-size photos and one of the class. The bill rises to more than $50 if parents splurge for a package that includes a couple of 5-by-7s. Worried you won't have a spare to send to Grandma? Consider scanning your copy or email a cute digital shot you took yourself.
here is the link .

http://www.smartmoney.com/top5/index.cfm?story=20061108

this is wrong and i am going to send them a e-mail to let them know how i feel . not that they are going to care but i will feel better .

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Shawn - this is really bad advice on their behalf.

Canon stuff.

Definitely bad for photographers and those who make their living off this type of photography.

I wonder though - who holds the copyrights to the images? The photographer or the client? If it's the former then that advice is definitely not above board...

p.s. moving this thread to the ethics forum... Big Grin