Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adobe Lightroom now in Mac App Store

Adobe Lightroom has now jumped into the Mac App store, priced at $150. I still can't see it in the Australian store yet, but now they have another product to supplement Photoshop Elements in the App store.

It's currently almost twice as expensive as Aperture though - which is what Adobe will be trying to compete against. I suppose Adobe needs to make some profit as they'll be paying a $45 commission to Apple for each sale of Lightroom.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/05/10/adob...4-for-150/

Slightly off topic: I don't like that they have eliminated the Fill Light slider in LightRoom 4. That is (was) one of my favorite adjustments.

I'm still on 3 I didn't realize they removed it in 4. They mention their reasons for doing so and suggest a new workflow on their blog. As a bonus they also tell you how to get it back:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/...overy.html

I used to love the Fill Light tool as well, but after about a week with Lightroom 4 I now prefer the Shadows tool. It seems to give a more natural effect. Combined with the Highlight, White and Black level tools, it seems to be much easier to get an exposure I really like in LR4. They feel less clumsy than the old tools.

The Sharpening and Noise Reduction tools in LR4 also seem to feel less clumsy than previous versions as well. And you can do more with local adjustments. Overall I think LR4 is a big step forward.
I just uploaded and ordered my first Blurb book produced in LR4 last night too. Although designing the book was mostly a straightforward experience, I did stumble across a bug that completely wiped my book a couple of times! Very disconcerting, and I'd be gutted if I had lost something important.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post