Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice on printing

Since going digital I've only ever viewed my photos on screen and there are now a couple that I flatter myself might look good in print, at say 8x12 or maybe a little larger. I don't expect to be doing this very often, so have no plans to splash out on a printer. Could anyone provide a few tips on finding a good supplier and ensuring that the print lives up to what I thought I saw on screen? Many thanks. Rob

you don't say your location but in the UK, our camera club have had very good service from Proam Imaging of Bradford at http://www.proamimaging.com/ worth checking out their web site and instructions, so you can check against any suppliers in your locality

tony

Thanks for the recommendation Tony. I live in Nottinghamshire. ProAm appears to have a very informative website and plenty of endorsements. I'll let you know how I get on once I've worked out how to use the Lightroom print function. Rob

(Oct 6, 2014, 11:28)RobS Wrote:  Since going digital I've only ever viewed my photos on screen and there are now a couple that I flatter myself might look good in print, at say 8x12 or maybe a little larger. I don't expect to be doing this very often, so have no plans to splash out on a printer. Could anyone provide a few tips on finding a good supplier and ensuring that the print lives up to what I thought I saw on screen? Many thanks. Rob

Dear RobS, I do sincerely hope that your printing ends up being very gratifying. I have personally used what I refer to as by far the best printing company that I do know about. Photoart Imaging is in my opinion the far best company to deal with. They are located within Colorado and the times I have dealt with them they are a true pleasure to work with and totally professional. They have printed several very large images for myself in the past that have turned out as good as I could have ever expected. They are also very, very knowledgeable and do highly give their true professional opinion. I hAve sold photos in the past and they have printed the images and mailed them to my customer. They are very reasonable price wise and in my opinion the best to deal with. I live on south Florida' east coast and I have placed orders and they are very safely delivered to my house within a week to ten days at the most. Good luck and please trust my opinion.

My apology I forgot to give you their telephone number

719-314-7833

Also if you look up their business name on the internet such is very informative and has been very helpful to myself as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by cuilin
Sep 15, 2015, 17:36