Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

After Sunset

This was the view along the River Thames at Marlow, Buckinghamshire, taken from a position about half-way across Marlow Bridge, about 20 minutes after sunset last Sunday (8th December):

Pentax K-5II, 18-135 zoom at 24mm, f/6.3, 1/125s, ISO 640, +1EV. Jpeg from camera, slightly cropped, with very little processing in PaintShop Pro X4.

Philip

Hi Philip,

Blooming marvelous shot. Tremendous feel to it.

Best regards.

Phil.

Thank you, Phil.

Philip

Well produced, like the fact there is a smidgen of detail in the trees etc, and not just a dark silhouette. Ed.

Thank you, Ed. As I wrote along with the photo, I didn't need to do much processing on this one, but I did try to bring some detail out from the shadow areas, so it is encouraging to see that you approve. Smile

Philip

The Thames, taken from the riverside towpath at Staines-on-Thames, 28th Dec 2008.

Techie Stuff.
Nikon D300, F/8, 320sec, ISO200, 18mm, Bias +0.7, Aperture Priority, Mode Centre Weighted.

Nice one, Phil.

Philip

Cheers Philip.

I was really quite cold when I was out there. Went to Staines in order to visit my Uncle and Aunt. We go at least a couple of times a year if not more. Love the scenery along the river.

(Dec 11, 2013, 13:32)MrB Wrote:  This was the view along the River Thames at Marlow, Buckinghamshire, taken from a position about half-way across Marlow Bridge, about 20 minutes after sunset last Sunday (8th December):

Pentax K-5II, 18-135 zoom at 24mm, f/6.3, 1/125s, ISO 640, +1EV. Jpeg from camera, slightly cropped, with very little processing in PaintShop Pro X4.

Philip
Very nice!

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Mr B, what a soothing shot. I really need to get out more in the evening with my camera!

Thank you manspam, and also thank you Don (sorry I missed your message at the time you posted it).

Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 21, 2014, 11:44